Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As time goes by im starting to doubt my choice. Tesla stock is going down and probably will continue to go until the make a meaningful advance on fsd. Meanwhile the customer service is going downhill along side it. Long wait time, while others can order from inventory. No answer or just bs from sales rep. Any meaningful question is waiting for ever on HQ….
Also i have no doubt the price will drop soon. As soon as they have enough capacity they will reduce the price. Especially next year when new y is released and with performance technically costing less than LR. So its almost a given that i will loose a good chunk within the next 6 months
I might wait to checkout ex30 and maybe switch. Im just worried thats too small. Anyways, i think the company acts like a startup while being valued as all card companies combined.
I had a deposit down on the EX30 since it was supposed to come out last fall. It’s not out yet in the US. Volvo is now saying sometime this summer. Also the first ones shipped will come out with the old port. Later on they will be equipped with the Tesla port. I’ve been watching you tube videos of that car. And Also took the measurements. It’s really a very small SUV. The range is less as well. It’s really meant for an around town car to fit in small spaces. I thought I might want to be higher up and have the hatchback trunk. They aren’t here yet and Volvo are making them in China on a Chinese platform. The ones that are supposed to come here are supposed to be made in Sweden. At least that was the status when I was paying attention. I stopped paying attention when my model 3 came into existence. I really really really love this car. If you can wait and shut out all the noise, you will be so pleased with the model 3.

You should reconsider your order. Some of your expectations don't align with getting a Tesla. Some are just you blaming Tesla for normal things. Everyone knows that the Refresh Y is coming out next year. So OBVIOUSLY, a current car will drop in value next year. DUH. But you'll also get a better deal today than when the Y launched. Blaming Tesla for that is just not accepting your own accountability. If you don't want to pay, then get the Prius that you are considering. They aren't the same value or car. What's really odd is that you're including getting FSD, knowing that you can't recoup that in case of getting rid of the car. It costs $8000 now. You can get it on a monthly basis for $99. So, it'll take 6.6 years to get to $8000. If you're already on the fence about Tesla, then why order FSD?
Im a little confused. Why are you so mad? And i love that you think the comparable option to tesla is a prius.
I put the order assuming i will keep the car for a while. Yet Tesla customer service is soo bad along with other factors such as the obvious drop in price short term. Im thinking maybe ex30 is a better option. But its not available to try yet.
Company is going through crisis so the customer service will only get worse.
Finally i have the fsd assuming im keeping the card. The highway part of fsd works mostly fine and thats the reason i considered tesla. I can afford the 8k. It doesn’t mean im ok with terrible customer service

Reactions: catxi and Whitezoid
I had a deposit down on the EX30 since it was supposed to come out last fall. It’s not out yet in the US. Volvo is now saying sometime this summer. Also the first ones shipped will come out with the old port. Later on they will be equipped with the Tesla port. I’ve been watching you tube videos of that car. And Also took the measurements. It’s really a very small SUV. The range is less as well. It’s really meant for an around town car to fit in small spaces. I thought I might want to be higher up and have the hatchback trunk. They aren’t here yet and Volvo are making them in China on a Chinese platform. The ones that are supposed to come here are supposed to be made in Sweden. At least that was the status when I was paying attention. I stopped paying attention when my model 3 came into existence. I really really really love this car. If you can wait and shut out all the noise, you will be so pleased with the model 3.
Same here. I have the deposit on it. My worry is the size and id be leasing that one. Im not in a rush but i am annoyed by the customer service. Im also not in a rush or in need of a car. Just changing cars. Ill wait and see if ex comes sooner than the model 3 or if i find another suitable ev option

Im a little confused. Why are you so mad? And i love that you think the comparable option to tesla is a prius.
I put the order assuming i will keep the car for a while. Yet Tesla customer service is soo bad along with other factors such as the obvious drop in price short term. Im thinking maybe ex30 is a better option. But its not available to try yet.
Finally i have the fsd assuming im keeping the card. The highway part of fsd works mostly fine and thats the reason i considered tesla. I can afford the 8k. It doesn’t mean im ok with terrible customer service
Guess we are blaming Tesla for doing “normal things” like changing EDD back and forth 19 times in 4 months!!

I'm not mad. It's social media. I don't even care what you end up doing any more than you care what I do. I'm just confused that you paint such a grim future for the brand yet plan to keep the car long term. Any of the stealership model cars will provide "customer service". What does that even mean? If you want handholding, then wouldn't it be right to pay for it? What's really funny is that you think the Volvo is comparable. Especially since you want FSD.

Guess we are blaming Tesla for doing “normal things” like changing EDD back and forth 19 times in 4 months!!
I get the sarcasm. This is for people who would start defending this behavior

I am guessing you have never ordered a german car. Porsche even gives you gps location showing your car every step of the way, on the ship,….
Again if you believe the customer service is great and reasonable i will not argue. more power to you. You have not been spoiled by much better service. Im not here to fight. I know tesla has die hard fans believing tesla cant do anything wrong.
Its not even just the edd. They have a mistake on my order and i call them every 2-3 weeks and they say someone will get back to you in an hour.
Part of it is their mass layoffs. I bet many sale advisors have been laid off and im guessing service is the same.
Tesla has good cars and its my first experience with them and it has been the worst car buying experience even though im in no rush.

I am guessing you have never ordered a german car. Porsche even gives you gps location showing your car every step of the way, on the ship,….
Again if you believe the customer service is great and reasonable i will not argue. more power to you. You have not been spoiled by much better service. Im not here to fight. I know tesla has die hard fans believing tesla cant do anything wrong.
Its not even just the edd. They have a mistake on my order and i call them every 2-3 weeks and they say someone will get back to you in an hour.
Part of it is their mass layoffs. I bet many sale advisors have been laid off and im guessing service is the same.
Tesla has good cars and its my first experience with them and it has been the worst car buying experience even though im in no rush.
AGAIN, that has NOTHING to do with the layoffs. Tesla model is to avoid the STEALERSHIP model. The people that require it, like you should stick to brands that offer it. Your incessant pokes to try to act like veteran Tesla drivers have never driven anything else is just a reflection of your own stature. We can compare European delivery to a transparent costing model (like Tesla and Apple) anytime you want. I get that you haven't had a chance to debate these "valid" points, but there is no substance here. to be hashed.

you nailed it. tesla makes great cars but i also experienced my worst car buying experience ever.

AGAIN, that has NOTHING to do with the layoffs. Tesla model is to avoid the STEALERSHIP model. The people that require it, like you should stick to brands that offer it. Your incessant pokes to try to act like veteran Tesla drivers have never driven anything else is just a reflection of your own stature. We can compare European delivery to a transparent costing model (like Tesla and Apple) anytime you want. I get that you haven't had a chance to debate these "valid" points, but there is no substance here. to be hashed.
Sure if you believe their model is to cut cost by providing bad customer service then we are on the same page. Having or not having a physical store has nothing to do with core of the issue.
also apple and tesla are different. Apple really cares about customer service but also charges a premium.
Anyways i enjoy proving you wrong but its cluttering the forum. So ill stop discussing the topic further. You can dm me if you like and we can go back and forth

Sure if you believe their model is to cut cost by providing bad customer service then we are on the same page. Having or not having a physical store has nothing to do with core of the issue.
also apple and tesla are different. Apple really cares about customer service but also charges a premium.
Anyways i enjoy proving you wrong but its cluttering the forum. So ill stop discussing the topic further. You can dm me if you like and we can go back and forth
There's no need for us to have any private dialogue. We don't eat at the same lunch table. I don't even care about the rear drive or LR orders or availability. I'm just here to correct your misinformation because it gets old. We all had legacy cars before. The fact that you think Apple has "good" customer service in contrast to Tesla shows your lack of knowledge of the business model. Tesla was MODELLED after Apple. They are run very similarly. It's actually MUCH easier to get a live call through to Tesla PLUS you speak to an actual Tesla employee.

I never said anything about having physical store because they DO!! Haha. That's funny. I said it isn't the stealership model. I believe you and I differ in our definition of Customer Service. To me, Nordstrom has great customer service. I pay for it. Apple doesn't have a person for you to cald going into any store just leads you to Apple's online policies.

If you're upset because the supply chain went on back order and you don't like Tesla's way of managing it, then that's valid. I have never waited more than what was expected when getting a Tesla and I didn't order a white interior back in January. But I absolutely get how it can be frustrating. But to confuse the issue and compound it with the layoffs is just conjecture. I'm not even a fan of the company; I'm just being objective.

Guess wanted to say hi, and state my Tesla car purchasing status. I've never owned a new car. My highest cost cost car prior to recent was $3800. Ive been following tesla since they come into existence and have had a more positive view of Elon prior to his more political forward rebirth during covid. I've been an investor many times. I only have a couple superchargers near me and live in an apartment where my parking spot is 6 foot from my door but still didn't want to have to deal with the conversation with landlord about installing a charging option at home. I sold my shares some odd months ago because they would be dead money for several years. I have many more reasons since then if I hadn't at the time. I did get concerned, still am about the firing and rehiring of the supercharger crew since without that I can't justify my purchase. Current as of today article says the amount investment recently stated is insufficient to keep the prior install pace that was needed. Really badly need some in my area of my state. I seen 3 teslas at my gym where there is a couple free level 2 chargers. I plan on using that myself for topups. And then a once week full charge at a grocery store near me. I ordered jan 16th. Got tricked by the app into renting cars by the month. As it strung me along with edd of jan, feb, mar, april, july, aug, june, sept. Gave up on trusting the app and got non useful dismissive response(s) from msging the app. I bought a 7000$ car to get me to work while I wait. I expect my red/white rwd to arrive sept as they noted just not this sept. I don't anticipate investing in the stock ever again for more reasons than can list at this point.