Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting. Appreciate being able to read everyone's comments and advice as I have prepared for my purchase. Today, I put the order fee down on a 2024 Model 3 Long Range Black on Black with standard wheels. Had a VIN number immediately as they had one with my specs on it's way to the dealership. Got approved for the loan, checked out, ordered the wall charger for home, and by the time I got in the car to leave, had my option to pick a delivery date. Happy Mothers Day to me. This all happened in less than an hour and I am a little in a panic as I thought I'd have a long wait, time to install the charger, order a few accessories and now it's going to be here in a few days 😮 I assume I can use the supercharger on my way to work to stay charged until I can get the electrician out to install the charger. I have to go out of town next weekend for four days and checked, the hotel has EV charging.

I am still in a daze that I went in today and it will be here soon. Thought I'd have more time to "get ready" to bring it home. Other than calling my insurance company and scheduling the electrician and making sure to do a good walk around, is there anything I should be doing? Are there any good videos on getting it set up once I have it? Will they walk me though it? This is my very first EV and I am a little nervous.
Congrats. You're doing all the right things. Looks like you are in No.Va. If that's right, you'll have plenty of Supercharger options to choose from. Home charging is cheaper/easier but you'll be fine until the electrician can do the job.

There are a ton of videos on YT re: the M3. Every topic is covered. There are a ton that are specific to the new M3 (like you are getting).

My M3 LR is getting delivered on Wednesday. Will be my third Tesla but the first one since I returned my MS in 2020.

Reactions: evfangirl
Congrats. You're doing all the right things. Looks like you are in No.Va. If that's right, you'll have plenty of Supercharger options to choose from. Home charging is cheaper/easier but you'll be fine until the electrician can do the job.

There are a ton of videos on YT re: the M3. Every topic is covered. There are a ton that are specific to the new M3 (like you are getting).

My M3 LR is getting delivered on Wednesday. Will be my third Tesla but the first one since I returned my MS in 2020.
Yes. I am in NOVA. I'll settle down this afternoon and watch more YT. I watched all the "before you buy" and reviews. Now I guess it's time to find good "you just bought one" videos.

Yes. I am in NOVA. I'll settle down this afternoon and watch more YT. I watched all the "before you buy" and reviews. Now I guess it's time to find good "you just bought one" videos.
I like the Jeremiah jones videos. He is to the point and has great suggestions for first time owners like me. Go to his YouTube feed and you will see a bunch of videos to choose from

Interesting. There used to be something I think called "Navigation on Autopilot" which did exactly this. Way back in the day!
EAP, Extended Auto Pilot was the latest, but that went away when they reduced the FSD price. Which is unfortunate, as that was a nice feature without going FSD. The auto lane changing is what I found to be the nicest part of FSD. I don't need, or want at least for now, FSD for city driving.

I’m coming from a 21 MYLR. I loved this car, my first Tesla, but I was starting to have issues with it. The HVAC system died last month. Had to pay $400 to fix it.

I also would have the reoccurring sour smell from the HVAC. So did the HEPA retrofit. That was free.

Then I’m told, there was a “small leak in my supermanifold” and it would be $2500 to fix. Needless to say I passed and…

I placed an order on May 2 for a M3LR grey with black interior, leased. Got my VIN on May 3 with estimated delivery May 10-16.

Filled all the paperwork out and then my DD was set to May 11th at 10AM. Set my insurance to expire for the trade-in on the 12th. I’m ready right?

On May 10, almost exactly 24 hours before my pickup, I get a message:

“Hello, your Model 3 is slightly delayed in transit and will not make it before your scheduled delivery appointment.”

So they moved it to the 16 at 1:30PM. I work during the day, so I moved it to Saturday.

Even with the few issues I had at the end with the MYLR and some delays, I still love the cars.

Hopefully it will be ready this weekend.

First time posting. Appreciate being able to read everyone's comments and advice as I have prepared for my purchase. Today, I put the order fee down on a 2024 Model 3 Long Range Black on Black with standard wheels. Had a VIN number immediately as they had one with my specs on it's way to the dealership. Got approved for the loan, checked out, ordered the wall charger for home, and by the time I got in the car to leave, had my option to pick a delivery date. Happy Mothers Day to me. This all happened in less than an hour and I am a little in a panic as I thought I'd have a long wait, time to install the charger, order a few accessories and now it's going to be here in a few days 😮 I assume I can use the supercharger on my way to work to stay charged until I can get the electrician out to install the charger. I have to go out of town next weekend for four days and checked, the hotel has EV charging.

I am still in a daze that I went in today and it will be here soon. Thought I'd have more time to "get ready" to bring it home. Other than calling my insurance company and scheduling the electrician and making sure to do a good walk around, is there anything I should be doing? Are there any good videos on getting it set up once I have it? Will they walk me though it? This is my very first EV and I am a little nervous.
Congrats! The car itself under theater/entertainment you will find a section full of Tesla made how-to videos, plus tons on YouTube you can search for specific topics. Few things I would recommend to try at home so you know how when you need to:
- learn how to use the front door emergency door release from inside.
- learn how to use the emergency charge port/charger release pull tab in the trunk (driver's side above cubby)
- get a slime/inflator combo tire emergency kit. this came in super helpful last Sunday for my son and it worked very well as described. imo a must-have since there's no spare in Teslas and most EVs. Extremely invaluable in a pinch, particularly in situations when you don't have cell signal to call for help.

Most importantly, enjoy your M3 Highland LR!

Someone talk me out of wanting to switch to a model Y. With the ev credit and now the .99% financing promotion, the deal is absolutely insane. The pricing games have really gotten in my head especially with potentially waiting until September for my M3. I’ve test driven the Y once, but that was almost a year ago and I don’t have enough experience to talk on it. All I hear are negatives about ride quality, noise, suspension etc. compared to new m3. Is it all really that noticeable?
Took my new M3 and to service after 2 weeks of ownership and they gave me a model Y for 4 days. Thank god I didnt get impatient and get the model Y performance I was eyeing. Its night and day, not for me. That said I have other cars, one of which is an SUV so its personal. The M3 is loads more fun. Satisfying to drive. The Y is just transportation.

Interesting. There used to be something I think called "Navigation on Autopilot" which did exactly this. Way back in the day!
AP1 cars (Models S and X equipped with the MobilEye system) would change lanes when instructed via the turn signal. Loved this feature on my used P85DL, no disengagements to change lanes compared to the standard AP on my M3P.

Hallelujah. Holy sheesh. They fixed it. The ambient lights that were woefully cockeyed are now straight as an arrow.

Before in daylight. After in blue!

Don’t let anyone tell you your lights are within spec. If they’re misaligned they can be fixed. And I checked all around the inside and outside of the doors and nothing else was thrown off to achieve the result.
Yay
IMG_6343.jpeg
IMG_6344.jpeg
IMG_5768.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

Hallelujah. Holy sheesh. They fixed it. The ambient lights that were woefully cockeyed are now straight as an arrow.

Before in daylight. After in blue!

Don’t let anyone tell you your lights are within spec. If they’re misaligned they can be fixed. And I checked all around the inside and outside of the doors and nothing else was thrown off to achieve the result.
Yay
View attachment 1047223View attachment 1047224View attachment 1047225View attachment 1047226
Holy crap that looks great! Did you have to take it to the service center or could they do it mobile? How long did it take?