Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the 1 month free trial on my current car, which just ended a few days ago. I wonder if they'll give me another free month when I pick up the new car?
Hard to say. But in my opinion It should qualify for the free trial. Elon has been saying FSD is tied to the car not the person. That’s why when they said they would do this one time transfer it was a big deal. So with that you should get it with your new car.

By the way since you’ve had it for a month are you tempted to get it?

Reactions: steffanv
Hard to say. But in my opinion It should qualify for the free trial. Elon has been saying FSD is tied to the car not the person. That’s why when they said they would do this one time transfer it was a big deal. So with that you should get it with your new car.

Not for $8k. I might occasionally subscribe for a month or two at a time. It's pretty nice and works well, but I like driving :) Standard autopilot is good enough for me most of the time.

Not for $8k. I might occasionally subscribe for a month or two at a time. It's pretty nice and works well, but I like driving :) Standard autopilot is good enough for me most of the time.
I've used it quite a bit over the past few weeks (seeing what it can handle etc.). And on two longer drives, 300 and 600 mile round trips. It's really nice on the freeways. As I've had autopilot for four years already, it was nice that FSD could change lanes on the freeway, either by itself wanting to or me putting a blinker on (EAP would be plenty for me, if the price was better, or even offered anymore!). In city driving it was a bit extra safe, which is good, but slow at turning and doing complete stops at stop signs (I'm more of a California stopper, as well as everyone else around).

Like you, I will most likely plop down $100 for a month here or there if I'm going to take a road trip. $8k is not worth it for me and my driving.

I had free FSD on my currant M3 for a month(expired). I tried it a couple of times. Personally ,didn’t like it. It wouldn’t drive the car like I do! Made me nervous. I don’t think I would subscribe even if it was much cheaper. The basic auto pilot is fine for me.

Reactions: evfangirl
I had free FSD on my currant M3 for a month(expired). I tried it a couple of times. Personally ,didn’t like it. It wouldn’t drive the car like I do! Made me nervous. I don’t think I would subscribe even if it was much cheaper. The basic auto pilot is fine for me.
I agree. The limited time I tried it, it made me nervous. More like watching my teenage kid drive but the difference is I had the controls to take over. But I also really really really enjoying driving this car. I think I would buy it for a month on a long trip as well for the highways for changing lanes but I also agree the standard auto pilot is just fine for shorter highway drives

Reactions: Whitezoid
I've used it quite a bit over the past few weeks (seeing what it can handle etc.). And on two longer drives, 300 and 600 mile round trips. It's really nice on the freeways. As I've had autopilot for four years already, it was nice that FSD could change lanes on the freeway, either by itself wanting to or me putting a blinker on (EAP would be plenty for me, if the price was better, or even offered anymore!). In city driving it was a bit extra safe, which is good, but slow at turning and doing complete stops at stop signs (I'm more of a California stopper, as well as everyone else around).

Like you, I will most likely plop down $100 for a month here or there if I'm going to take a road trip. $8k is not worth it for me and my driving.
I agree it is very cautious around stop signs and intersections. Obviously it has to be that way, but it's so cautious it's almost embarassing! That being said, I recall there being several FSD driving style settings. I believe there was an "assertive" setting. I don't think I tried that - pretty sure I was on average all the time. Maybe that improves things?

I agree. The limited time I tried it, it made me nervous. More like watching my teenage kid drive but the difference is I had the controls to take over. But I also really really really enjoying driving this car. I think I would buy it for a month on a long trip as well for the highways for changing lanes but I also agree the standard auto pilot is just fine for shorter highway drives
So I had it on and it had a wide open right lane. Instead of the car doing the rational thing it freaked out because the right lane was ending in 1000 feet. It promptly slowed down and got directly behind a car who then braked hard. I had to stand on the brakes as it didn’t realize a car was directly in front of it slowing to a near stop. Complete fail and it almost wrecked our car. Usually I’d turn on the toggle button to “minimal lane changes” when on highway because it changes lanes a lot when it’s not checked. Overall the experience of 3 months of full self driving “supervised” made me realize it makes a lot of bad mistakes. Taking the radar out of the front bumper almost wrecked the car. SMH

1/10 LR Gray on white order switched to performance gray on white on 4/26. Since then EDD was stuck on July 4 - Aug 15 from the LR order, until just now switching. Cautiously optimistic? Anyone else with performance orders get their EDDs moved up?
IMG_3680.jpeg

Well I'm livid. Original DD after switching to black interior was Monday, 4/29. Due to some schedule issues on their end, they asked me to reschedule. There was an opening on the Saturday before then, 4/27, so I took it. Two ubers and a rental car later, 130 miles from home, I'm at the dealership waiting for delivery. They tell me it threw up an airbag sensor fault. After some checking, they determined they couldn't fix it before the end of the day. They paid for the 130 mile Uber trip home. This much, I already posted about. It was irritating, but they said they'd cover all additional travel expenses I'd incur associated with taking delivery.

Mid-week, a couple of days later, I get a text saying the replacement part was en route with an ETA to the dealership of this past Saturday and that delivery should be this week.

Then crickets.

I reached out today. The part actually hasn't left the distribution center and they have no ETA.

So there's a car in Savannah, GA that I've got insurance and a $14K down payment on sitting in God knows what state of disassembly waiting for a part that no one seems to know the location or disposition of.

And I haven't even seen the damn thing.

Been seeing pictures of the led strip being misaligned where it meets the driver door. Anyone been successful getting Tesla to readjust it? Or have they been using the old “within spec” line?
Mine is slightly out of line. They gave me the in spec line. So I’m trying to think of it as an individualistic character mark

My passenger side has quite a few bubbles (or whatever it is) and drivers side has one. They've been there since I noticed in the first week. Much more noticeable when they're not lit vs on. I'm bringing it in for service in a few weeks.

Mine is the exact same. Let me know how it goes... I've been giving them some time to revise them (and let them get worse) before bringing it in.

Reactions: evfangirl and 5150
Been seeing pictures of the led strip being misaligned where it meets the driver door. Anyone been successful getting Tesla to readjust it? Or have they been using the old “within spec” line?
Gave me the "in spec" line after I brought it in the first service (mine are badly misaligned). But i got a message a few weeks later from the manager asking me to bring it back so they can try to fix it. I assume they have figured something out. Goes in next week and I will report back.

So I pulled the trigger and ordered a blue M3LR - started filling out the paperwork basics and refreshed the app and imagine my surprise when I already had a VIN and estimated delivery date starting May 16th. There was a single inventory model that was sitting at a local location that I saw but it had been driven 500 miles for demo and had a decent dent already so I wasn't interested and I confirmed it was a different VIN so I guess this is a new one coming from the factory. I guess they have certain ones made and ready to roll out at this point.

So I pulled the trigger and ordered a blue M3LR - started filling out the paperwork basics and refreshed the app and imagine my surprise when I already had a VIN and estimated delivery date starting May 16th. There was a single inventory model that was sitting at a local location that I saw but it had been driven 500 miles for demo and had a decent dent already so I wasn't interested and I confirmed it was a different VIN so I guess this is a new one coming from the factory. I guess they have certain ones made and ready to roll out at this point.
When I picked up mine it had 2 miles on it. Never had a car with that low mileage

• Love
Reactions: Adam Blaiss