Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Options Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Saves weight and cost.

I don't care about that. I care more about having no heated seats or heated mirrors and having to pay $5k to get them.

In our warmer climate, we care about having ventilated (or full air conditioned) seats so your butt and back aren't sweating against the leather / pleather after 3 minutes. The idea of "pre cooling" you car with the app is nonsense. Go park in a parking lot in Arizona and let your seats sit in the sun for 30 minutes. They will radiate heat for hours - doesn't matter what the interior temperature of the cabin is. The seats hold heat and act as a heater in the summer.

• Disagree
Reactions: reynirb
They just told me that the only cars that will probably be delivered this year will be the 310 battery all of which will be equipped with the Premium upgrade package. So they will start at $50,200 (including the mandatory delivery charge of $1200, even if you pick it up at the factory). Then you can choose wheels, color and AP.
Looking at comparing these to a used model S, make sure to get an S after vin# 50,000 so it will have AP1. That cruise control is THE best thing on the car.

I'd need at least 5 years bumper to bumper warranty on a S CPO before I'd do it. Out of warranty repairs on the Model S would eat up any price savings vs the Model 3 if you found a CPO noticeably cheaper in initial cost.

But S CPOs either get

* Used cars which receive the remaining battery and drive warranty and a two year, 100,000 miles maximum odometer pre-owned limited warranty

or

* Used cars which receive the remaining battery and drive warranty and a four year, 50,000 miles pre-owned limited warranty

Even if out of warranty repairs weren't an issue you would be looking at a different cost per mile just based on electricity alone.

I'm just not seeing CPOs cheap enough to make me think they are an economical choice vs getting a Model 3.

Reactions: xav-
  • Disagree
Reactions: reynirb
You realize you come across as very hung up on some minor fact don't you?

It's something inarguably dumb/anti-customer that Tesla is doing. I will say it whenever I feel the need. I also don't think one-thousand dollars is minor (not saying that you will, but please don't respond with "if you can't afford it then it's clearly not the car for you". That awful "comeback" needs to be retired.). This is a message board; It doesn't matter how "you" come across. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's something inarguably dumb/anti-customer that Tesla is doing.

So what Tesla has done by charging for white paint is so dumb we can't even argue against it? We have to just take your word for it over a company that has over 400k reservations for a vehicle that it's only starting to produce. Hmmm, who knows best? You or Tesla? Now that's a difficult one.

I will say it whenever I feel the need.

Once is enough. We can't even argue against you, according to your logic, so why would you feel the need keep telling us over and over?

This is a message board; It doesn't matter how "you" come across.

Some people here do care what people think of us despite most of us also wishing to remain anonymous.

Not complaining about the cost of the upgrades, but after seeing the prices (and knowing that things will be significantly inflated here in Australia, the Model 3 that I'd really WANT is just too far out of my comfort zone in terms of how much I'd typically spend on a car (in the order of $70,000+ in Aussie dollary-dooes). I'll continue to dream though.

Oh and to the people complaining about the white paint cost, this isn't the normal solid white that other companies might include in the price, this is "Pearl White Multi-Coat" paint.

So what Tesla has done by charging for white paint is so dumb we can't even argue against it? We have to just take your word for it over a company that has over 400k reservations for a vehicle that it's only starting to produce. Hmmm, who knows best? You or Tesla? Now that's a difficult one.

Once is enough. We can't even argue against you, according to your logic, so why would you feel the need keep telling us over and over?

Some people here do care what people think of us despite most of us also wishing to remain anonymous.

Ok?

Oh and to the people complaining about the white paint cost, this isn't the normal solid white that other companies might include in the price, this is "Pearl White Multi-Coat" paint.

Obvi. But that's irrelevant.

Those "other companies" offer free white paint. Tesla doesn't. That's literally what people have been saying/discussing. Tesla provides no choice for a no additional cost paint color. Other companies do.