Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app 3.8.0 released with seat heater and schedule service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was really counting on the addition of heated seat control allowing us to just turn them on/off. I do not want to have climate control with the fan come on at all. Currently you have to have climate control turned on to use heated seats from the app....why?? I would love it if you could select "climate" from the app and simply select the seats you want heated. Is it just me or does that not seem to be a simple way to control the heated seats?

I was really counting on the addition of heated seat control allowing us to just turn them on/off. I do not want to have climate control with the fan come on at all. Currently you have to have climate control turned on to use heated seats from the app....why?? I would love it if you could select "climate" from the app and simply select the seats you want heated. Is it just me or does that not seem to be a simple way to control the heated seats?
You can control the seats that way from the app if you are in the car but it's odd that climate is required if you are not in the car. Hopefully they will change it to work without climate.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Dec 19th Elon tweeted that the App will be updated "next week" to include "service calls".. is this the update? I got the feeling he was talking about a more immediate type of a button because he referenced a call about a flat tire.

Is this new feature what we'd use for roadside assistance?.. or just for non-emergent scheduling of service?

I keep imagining what I'm going to do when I need immediate help on the highway. Do I use this app? I want a button that says "immediate roadside assistance" if I'm on a dark highway the word 'schedule' feels worrisome. I have roadside assistance with my insurance but that also worries me that they may not be Tesla educated. But even they have and "emergency roadside assistance" button from their app (Geico)

Thanks for any help.

(Ps- also when I try the new 'schedule service' button on the app it just continuously tries to load but never does)

Dec 19th Elon tweeted that the App will be updated "next week" to include "service calls".. is this the update? I got the feeling he was talking about a more immediate type of a button because he referenced a call about a flat tire.

Is this new feature what we'd use for roadside assistance?.. or just for non-emergent scheduling of service?

I keep imagining what I'm going to do when I need immediate help on the highway. Do I use this app? I want a button that says "immediate roadside assistance" if I'm on a dark highway the word 'schedule' feels worrisome. I have roadside assistance with my insurance but that also worries me that they may not be Tesla educated. But even they have and "emergency roadside assistance" button from their app (Geico)

Thanks for any help.

(Ps- also when I try the new 'schedule service' button on the app it just continuously tries to load but never does)
In your car, you can click on the Roadside Assistance link after touching the Tesla T and it will call them via a paired phone.

Reactions: Runnergirl
You can control the seats that way from the app if you are in the car but it's odd that climate is required if you are not in the car. Hopefully they will change it to work without climate.

A work around would be to set the temp to whatever it says it is already?

Doesn't work when the cabin is cold -- and, really, when else are you going to want to pre-heat the seats.

As I mentioned above, if the cabin is cold, even if you set the target temperature to "Low", it will still turn on the front windshield defroster/heater and therefore heat the whole cabin.

I agree Garlan... I'm not really a heated seat user anyway. Maybe for one min to knock off the cold, then I turn it off or it starts to feel like a hot-flash.. can't believe I just admitted I know what that feels like.... sad but true..
Now heated steering wheels ...I love! it's the only reason I miss my Armada.. well, and it could pull a boat... I digress..

Exactly what happened to me. No idea how to bring it back