Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

app not controlling Seat Heaters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed lately that my Telsla app on my iPhone will not control the seat heaters.
Here's the scenario :
I use the app to warm up the car and also the front seats. As of late - when I set the inside temperature, the front seats appear to be on Auto (high default.) When I tap the seat icons to turn them down to medium or low, the app is either non responsive or has a long delay. The back seat icons are quite responsive. The steering wheel also defaults to high. I can tap the steering wheel icon and it easily goes from high to low to off. Upon further investigation I discovered that no mater what the app shows (ie: seat heaters are on) in reality when I get in the car NONE of the seat heaters are on at all - neither front seats or back seats. The steering wheel IS however ON as it should be and set the way the app shows (either high or low.) And the interior heat works just fine. I put in a service request, and they told me to do the Steering wheel two button reset -- no luck, still didn't resolve the problem. So I uninstalled the app on the iPhone -- still didn't work properly. iPhone is on Tesla App 4.27.5 and the car is on 2023.44.1.

I wish that I had payed attention just when this issue started to occur. My thoughts are that is probably a software glitch - maybe with one of the latest updates -either with the phone or the car itself.s BTW the controls in the car work just as they should.

Anyone else having the issue?

Curious, so I looked at the Tesla map. There are no Service Centers in Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming or Nebraska. Big blank space in that part of the West. :oops:
These states with populations at just about one million *with the exception of Nebraska* it doesn't make much sense for Tesla to have any service centers there. In Montana - electric cars are a rarity. In fact in my small town, we are the only owners of ANY electric cars.