Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Trunk Retrofit on Model 3s now Available Direct from Tesla [09.14.2023 - 2018 model 3 not eligible]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000001653.jpg

So that's pretty stupid their policy and guidelines is to turn away customers and not give them their money for something that is retrofitable.
I swear I hate Tesla sometimes

View attachment 1024879
So that's pretty stupid their policy and guidelines is to turn away customers and not give them their money for something that is retrofitable.
Just order the parts to do it yourself. Problem solved.

Tesla has never been fond of doing one offs in the service center. This is nothing new. (Matrix headlight recode being another one)

Just order the parts to do it yourself. Problem solved.

Tesla has never been fond of doing one offs in the service center. This is nothing new. (Matrix headlight recode being another one)
Yeah I didn't even bother asking them to reconfig the car for matrix headlights so I paid somebody that has access to do that..
And I responded back with well that's kind of silly then I would just like to purchase the hardware and I can do it myself then.
Waiting for a response

I have never had luck with any auto manufacture doing installs outside of what the vehicle came with. I've always had to go to an independent shop. They do repairs, not upgrades/modifications.

Yeah I didn't even bother asking them to reconfig the car for matrix headlights so I paid somebody that has access to do that..
And I responded back with well that's kind of silly then I would just like to purchase the hardware and I can do it myself then.
Waiting for a response

I would love to do the matrix lights on both my TMY and TM3. How did you find someone who could code it?

At one point tesla would retrofit upgrades to a nose cone S. Seats, they made and sold an adapter harnesses for this.

They have been cracking down on a lot of things now. Which makes sense. If they do an upgrade, they are responsible for anything that goes wrong from that upgrade. Legacy manufactures have realized this (Tesla is still young) and tend not to do these customer upgrades to features/options that weren't included with that vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
I cannot believe they do not have the capability to sell the hardware alone by itself. The most technologically advanced car company cannot sell their hardware to a paying customer, wtf man View attachment 1024924
Find the part numbers, order them via a service request or walk in and make an OTC order for them.

You’re (likely) speaking to someone in one of the many back rooms of a service center where they quickly answer and dismiss chat messages.

Find the part numbers, order them via a service request or walk in and make an OTC order for them.

You’re (likely) speaking to someone in one of the many back rooms of a service center where they quickly answer and dismiss chat messages.
I wouldn't know where to begin for looking at part numbers I would think that this would be a bulk part number for the retrofit and hopefully not individual parts 🤷
But would definitely take this action if I could get the part numbers and just order the *sugar* myself
Tesla is just ridiculous when it comes to this *sugar*

• Funny
They have been cracking down on a lot of things now. Which makes sense. If they do an upgrade, they are responsible for anything that goes wrong from that upgrade. Legacy manufactures have realized this (Tesla is still young) and tend not to do these customer upgrades to features/options that weren't included with that vehicle.
BMW was actually pretty good about supporting retrofits. Tesla does seem to be uniquely resistant to allowing stuff

I wouldn't know where to begin for looking at part numbers I would think that this would be a bulk part number for the retrofit and hopefully not individual parts 🤷
But would definitely take this action if I could get the part numbers and just order the *sugar* myself
Tesla is just ridiculous when it comes to this *sugar*
And you wonder why they won’t sell the retrofit to end users. They’re avoiding questions from people that can’t find the part numbers and order on their own.

Reactions: davidalindsey
To be fair:
1. Didn’t say epc.
2. How long did it take you to find it on eBay?

If someone can’t google, tesla is taking the stance of “I’m good. Enjoy your day” and avoiding a squeaky wheel/needy customer.
I don’t think Tesla gives a crap about any of that. They just don’t want to do anything past the bare minimum.

Last I checked, buying from eBay is not the same as finding the part numbers and ordering from Tesla

• Funny
In fairness, they don't actually seem to list the retrofit parts in the epc

I do see this on eBay though - Tesla Model 3 Power Trunk Retrofit Kit 2017-2023 1712460-00-A OEM NEW | eBay
Thank you I just bought this kit from them, counter offered for $500
Now just a matter of it getting here and spending the time installing it.
I swear if I get this thing installed reconfigure with no hassle I feel like sending them a message back and saying by the way it does work.

PWS, matrix headlights, 2.0 center console UI reconfigure it as well,
Power lift trunk here we come!
Next thing on my list is a heated steering wheel trying to get the UI element to show
Then I think this thing will be retrofitted as much as it can be.