Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app 3.8.0 released with seat heater and schedule service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We used to have it on all 4 cars. Then it disappeared from all. Now it is showing for at least 2 of them. I don't know what criteria they are using to show it.
Exactly what happened to me: the first time I opened the app after the update, the scheduling option was there. Since closing it, I can’t get it back; just not showing anymore. Any ideas on how to get the scheduling option back?

Anyone know if repetitively heating the seats has any impact on the "vegan leather" longevity? When you take a fabric that is freazing cold and then hit it with a very hot direct heat, there is probably some expanding/contracting going on... I'm hoping to keep my seats look "newish" for as long as possible. Thoughts?

The scheduled maintenance showed up on the Model 3. It is missing for our Model S.

Nowhere do I see any reference to the hemorrhoid heaters.

At the bottom of the Model S page it shows this version: 2018.48.12.1 then d6999f5

At the bottom of the Model 3 page it shows this version: 2018.48.12.1 then d6999f5

Not sure if any of this is relevant or not. Would be nice if these changes came with an Elon Musk tutorial complete with power point presentations and a question and answer afterwards.

Anyone know if repetitively heating the seats has any impact on the "vegan leather" longevity? When you take a fabric that is freazing cold and then hit it with a very hot direct heat, there is probably some expanding/contracting going on... I'm hoping to keep my seats look "newish" for as long as possible. Thoughts?

Leather is more susceptible to heating and freezing and freezing to heating.

Thank God for vegan. <----Hmmm.. that sounds weird.

Exactly what happened to me: the first time I opened the app after the update, the scheduling option was there. Since closing it, I can’t get it back; just not showing anymore. Any ideas on how to get the scheduling option back?
No idea. I confirmed it is showing for 4 of the 5 Teslas I have access to. Still missing from my daily driver, of course!

Got the iPhone update the other night so am now current with app and software on the car.

I went to check on my car's charging status at home just now and noticed after accessing Charging that below the battery progress screen it lists the nearest Superchargers and nearest destination chargers with distance indicated. Was this there before and I never noticed or new to the latest app? In any event love seeing it displayed.

Had a tough time with the seat heater selections on the app tonight. Wanted to get the front two seats to 2/3 and shut off the rear seats altogether. As I was shutting off the rear seat heaters, they kept turning back on. Once I finally got them all turned off, I adjusted the front seats down to 2/3 and the rear seats started coming back on as I was making those adjustments. Definitely buggy right now.

Reactions: GMan324
Got the iPhone update the other night so am now current with app and software on the car.

I went to check on my car's charging status at home just now and noticed after accessing Charging that below the battery progress screen it lists the nearest Superchargers and nearest destination chargers with distance indicated. Was this there before and I never noticed or new to the latest app? In any event love seeing it displayed.

It is fairly new (although not ver. 3.8). It was implemented with app ver. 3.7 but needed 2018.48 on the car to work.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
First time I selected Climate Control all 5 seats in my Model 3 were defaulted to off. Perfect, since I rarely use heated seats and drive by myself 95% of the time. The next time and every time since all five seats are defaulted to On which makes no sense.
I then have to touch each seat to turn them off.

I noticed a couple things. (I have a Model 3.)

1. You can’t turn on heated seats just by themselves. In cold temps, the “Turn On” button also turns on the fan along with the front windshield defroster/heater, which, as far as I can tell, can’t be manually turned off. So you’re stuck heating the whole cabin if you want to pre-heat the seats, even if the cabin temperature is set to “Low”.

This is a big disappointment for me. I was hoping to be able to only pre-heat the seats and not use a ton of extra energy heating the entire cabin. But it appears that’s not possible.

2. As @seantay00 alluded to above, every time you use the app to pre-heat, the heated seat power levels all default back to the same setting, which is 2/3 power on every seat heater. If you manually change it (for example, to have max heat on the front seats and off on the back seats, as I just tried), the next time it’ll still default back to 2/3 heat on every seat. :(
I can confirm what you say but I think there are work-arounds:

1. My fan is set to low when I exit the car. If I set the temp to LOW in the app the air blowing in the cabin is not hot and minimal.

2. The second time I tried the seat heaters I tapped twice on one of the rear seats and then the app reverted to my last settings.

I'm sure Tesla will improve the App in the near future but for now I think it can be used to advantage.