Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Winter mats

Has anyone ordered the Lloyd Rubbertite mats yet? I ordered mine to my vacation condo in Florida and will be taking them back with me to Canada. When I look at the rear seat single mat it seems like the left door edge is not symmetrical with the right rear door edge. I would have expected them to be symmetrical but since I am not with my model S right now I cannot check. Can anyone confirm this dis-symmetry?

Has anyone screwed in the anchors that come with the mats? Any safety issues?

Yep, I did. The Tesla carpet has what feels like a thick rubber behind it, so impossible to just screw the anchors in, so I used a very small philips screwdriver to poke a tiny hole all the way through, then use that as a way to start the anchor. They seem to hold in pretty well. I figured if I took out the anchors, then brush the carpet a little with my fingers, you would never know where the hole was.

Artsci posted some pics early on with samples of the Luxe Parchment against the Tan leather sample, and it looked great. But be forewarned, I ordered the Ultimats Parchment, and it is *not* the same color, and does *not* match well. I am still thankful I got them, as my Green/Tan baby arrived this morning with no floor mats at all, and they will be fine until I order some Luxe Parchment or shell out $250 to Tesla for the black logo Interior set.

Artsci posted some pics early on with samples of the Luxe Parchment against the Tan leather sample, and it looked great. But be forewarned, I ordered the Ultimats Parchment, and it is *not* the same color, and does *not* match well. I am still thankful I got them, as my Green/Tan baby arrived this morning with no floor mats at all, and they will be fine until I order some Luxe Parchment or shell out $250 to Tesla for the black logo Interior set.

Yes, I only tested samples of the Luxe mats. The color variations with other style Llyod's mats I couldn't account for.

It's too bad that both matmycar and autoanything will let you buy the front mats without the rear mat, but not the rear mat without the front mats!
For the good of the many (and hopefully of the one)...
Give autoanything a call. I suspect they might provide that option even though the website doesn't provide the route to select it.

You can try contacting Mike at Mike's Custom Mats at 800-498-7882, however as I recall the price to order just the rear mats was only $20-$30 less than ordering the full front/rear set of Lloyds Ultimats. IMHO, it's a much better deal to just order the full set, since the standard Tesla front mats are much lower quality and do not lie flat as they are delivered in a roll.

as I recall the price to order just the rear mats was only $20-$30 less than ordering the full front/rear set of Lloyds Ultimats. IMHO, it's a much better deal to just order the full set.

Good information, thanks. My inclination is to get the frunk and trunk through Tesla given the logo, denser pile, and since the premium is fairly small ($35 on the frunk and $65 on the trunk 2-piece). I'm struggling on the interior 3-piece, though, given the $125 premium. All this said, the shipping charges ordering from Tesla are a killer!

Yeah, what's up with the $14 shipping charge on a $20 cargo net which probably costs $2 to mail? I know Tesla needs to generate high margins to appease its shareholders, but I'm not sure if exorbitant shipping charges is the way to do it!

Tesla's probably not managing fulfillment themselves, and are "somewhat" at the mercy of the logistics company working for them.

@JakeP makes an important point: the colors on Luxe and Ultimats are not the same. The Ebony Luxe is a good match for the black, while the Ebony Ultimats are just a little off, towards green -- not enough to look bad at all, but not perfect.

Robert, thank you.

I ordered the Graphite after I saw your comment here. I'll report how well that matches the Tesla Black interior.