Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 model S subtle vanilla interior smell question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a used 2022 model s long range last month in mint condition. I do have a subtle vanilla smell in the cabin that can not get rid off. Looked all over interior, glove box, under seats, rear seat but can not find any type of air freshener. Tried Meguiar smell bottle and bombed the car. After it was done, rolled the windows down for 10 mins and the smell was mostly gone. Couple of days later and the smell is coming back. Any suggestions where to look or have a detail shop try to fix it? It’s not an awful smell but not my type. Wonder if it’s from previous owner perfume or particular e-cigarette or cigar???

Thanks,
Ian B

I'd be thankful it was a subtle vanilla smell and not a strong mildew smell. ;)

Have you changed the cabin air filters? Perhaps they absorbed some odor in the past and are slowly releasing it.

The most effective ways I know of to remove odors are:

• Elimination of the source
  • Time
  • Ozone

I'd be thankful it was a subtle vanilla smell and not a strong mildew smell. ;)

Have you changed the cabin air filters? Perhaps they absorbed some odor in the past and are slowly releasing it.

The most effective ways I know of to remove odors are:

• Elimination of the source
  • Time
  • Ozone
Thx for tips. Trying ozium spray first and leaving windows partially open in garage. If that does not work will contact detailer and see if they can do ozone cleaning vs buying unit for 1 x use.

Ian B