Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Living with the 16v LV battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never found an accessory that had a problem. I used a cooler, cell phone charger, air compressor, and low pressure inflator without an issue.

I don’t think this is an issue in the real world.
I believe I live in the real world, but its possible this is an elaborate simulation. In the world I inhabit, I had 2 power inverters not function reliably using the cigarette lighter plug in my 23 Y. 1 was a ryobi brand that could use the 12V plug or an 18V battery, and the other was some chinese brand off amazon that claimed it was suitable for the Tesla 16V. Both of these devices work correctly with a voltage regulator in line that reduces voltage to within spec for 12V automotive systems.

How about replacing the 15V Lithium Battery with a 12V Drop in replacements like the U27- 12XPs (Lithium Iron Phosphate) from Valence?
The Tesla won't recognize that replacement or throw some error messages. That 12V replacement not only differs in voltage, but also in capacity and charge characteristics. All of these combined will cause the Tesla to not play nice with it.

Reactions: Midnightsun