Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting conversation I had with Tesla rep about model S pricing going up in April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else picking up a vibe that TM may not be such a different car company these days? Cold calls at home gently prodding to make decision, salesperson with the standard line, "prices were going up". Sounds a lot like what you get from any dealership the last month of a quarter if you have shown any interest. Just saying :frown:

They call me too and I'm always happy to hear from them :) What are you really complaining about?

If you have expressed interest in buying a car and they follow up with that what is so wrong about that?

And if prices are going up possibly due to various trim levels being discontinued why not inform their customers about that?

I fail to see what you are complaining about. If you are not interested in purchasing you can always ask them to not call you and when you are serious about buying you can contact them.

Either buy or don't.

Last edited:
Finally....... a Keurig in the glove box!!

Not for nothing, but there's already better than a Keurig and it's available now for any and all Model S/X owners :).

Almost the same pressure as a home unit, and you can use your own beans/grind/blend/water. It'll make a double espresso in less than 5 minutes.

No connection, blah, blah - just a happy and properly-caffeinated fellow.

Ese or ground coffee espresso machine for the car - Handpresso

One more thing - their customer service (from France) was excellent. They carry extra domepods (3 per case), which are useful and hard to find stateside.

Meanwhile, since the Model S price is evidently going up in April, having one of these is a way to dull the pain by eliminating the annual Starbucks bill :).

Last edited:
When I bought my MS in the summer they told me the prices were going up, and they did (CAD $ have increased twice more since). Sometimes prices just go up, if you wait to see what happens you may not get anything new at all except the new prices.

With the exception of this alignment with the end-of-March announcement(s), which certainly could see new features in the MS, in my perspective there is always something newer and better around the corner from Tesla so just jump in already :love:
Those were because of the exchange rate thought. So far I don't think they have ever just changed prices in the US without any changes to the car.

My DS is telling me that my order has been (at my request) delayed to late April/early May, and he said that my "Your Car has entered Production" email that I received earlier this week was an error. I'd say it's 50/50 that the car will still be ready before the end of March! I'm OK either way really.