Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really thrilled that Elon was posting on Twitter yesterday! I was discouraged by the initial launch. A little by the front end of the car and more majorly by the dash/steering wheel design.

The front has been slowly growing on me and I kind of like it now. Part of the reason I feel it was so in my face is because at the events the cars were up high and the nose was pretty much at eye level. I think it is more important to look at the car where the nose is more at knee level. In those photos the car looks sharp. I don't plan on laying on the ground to evaluate most cars front ends. In fact I think if you look at the 3 series BMW from that angle it has similar bluntiness. Plus if you look at the X and ignore the small grill opening the lines are similar. Perhaps Tesla is trying to keep the blunt nose as a new design language that will appear in all its upcoming models to identify the brand from a distance. Some cars this helps and others it really doesn't (like Acura I used to love Acuras but I really dislike their nose design language now and unfortunately it is on every car they make).

Second about the dash it is slightly growing on me too but I still have major concerns. It was nice that Elon addressed it and I do feel that now whatever I get (I still plan on buying) it will be the future. I do have some concerns about the vents. I really love having air blowing on my face on hot days and I hope I can achieve that with their new system.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jeff N
Does anybody know if any 0-60 times were taken on the reveal day? Would be nice to have a rough benchmark for the production awd car to beat. Judging by the reactions from the videos I have seen, they were not slow

I was thinking more along the lines of if any of the press who rodding the car had a GPRS 0-60 app. Guess they were probably too excited to think about that :)

Or even just a ride video that was showing the 15" display during the acceleration run.

Reactions: Chrisuk83
I loved reading all of his tweets yesterday, it is heartening to see how much of an active interest he takes with his customer base. I do think my fiancee was becoming slightly annoyed with me though, because I kept saying things like, "OH! GUESS WHAT NOW? THE DUAL MOTOR WILL BE LESS THAN THE S/X!!!"

Hah. After reading the exchanges about both the Federal Tax Credit and the delivery schedule, I am somewhat more optimistic that I'll stand a chance at getting the full amount as a non-owner, early East Coast reservation.
Just keep saving and saving in order to highly option your car. The more options you add the better. I know that's easier said than done but every bit helps!

Does anybody know if any 0-60 times were taken on the reveal day? Would be nice to have a rough benchmark for the production awd car to beat. Judging by the reactions from the videos I have seen, they were not slow
The car was full of 4 people so it was probably a tad slower than usual. I bet they'll increase it in 2 years anyway. I hope it'll go sub 4 seconds in the performance model (without ludicrous mode) the S goes 3.3 currently

More Elon info:
  • The Model3 won't be a hatchback, but he believes they can increase the opening size (tweet)
    • Q: "The trunk opening on the model 3 now is rather very small, any chance of increasing its size?"
    • EM: "won't be a hatchback, but we should be able to increase the opening width and height"
  • Vegan Interior will be an option for Model3 (tweet)
  • He is serious about cowbells (tweet)
    • EM: "Signing off from impromptu Twitter AMA. Thanks for the suggestions. Btw, we really will have more cow bells."

I'm a bit concerned about this space ship / U shaped steering wheel. It's going to be realy funky driving with a u shaped wheel. I"m not the type of driver that keeps both hands at 9 and 3'oclock all the time.

But all the cool sci-fi actions heroes have U-shapped steering wheels.
1960s TV batmobile had top half of steering wheel chopped off...
interiorcolor.jpg

Knight Rider / Kitt:
article-2594933-1CC286FF00000578-382_634x415.jpg