Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Info and Hints from Elon Tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been one prone to criticize Mr Musk directly but, when he tweets a specific reference that galls me, I consider that not just fair game but absolutely needful of a reply.

So, when this came through on 11 July:
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 3.35.49 PM.png

I'm sorry, Mr Musk. The truth is, we can't use the network anywhere in S Alaska either.

You know: that piece of land that is LARGER THAN TWICE the size of all of California! (all of AK > 4X CA).

Lots of lesser-48 Tesla owners champing at the bit to be able to make the road trip of a lifetime. Lots of Alaskans also eager to augment our still-pitiful registration numbers. SpC Team has had nicely detailed suggestions of an appropriate AK grid since 2013, dutifully updated....

Let's make it happen!

I haven't been one prone to criticize Mr Musk directly but, when he tweets a specific reference that galls me, I consider that not just fair game but absolutely needful of a reply.

So, when this came through on 11 July:View attachment 235611
I'm sorry, Mr Musk. The truth is, we can't use the network anywhere in S Alaska either.

You know: that piece of land that is LARGER THAN TWICE the size of all of California! (all of AK > 4X CA).

Lots of lesser-48 Tesla owners champing at the bit to be able to make the road trip of a lifetime. Lots of Alaskans also eager to augment our still-pitiful registration numbers. SpC Team has had nicely detailed suggestions of an appropriate AK grid since 2013, dutifully updated....

Let's make it happen!

I guess this means they have already decided to build SC network for S Alaska. Elon forgot delay between decision and implementation.

• Funny
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq