Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm starting to think the X still isn't ready...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the email with names cropped out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445408261.298013.jpg

Last edited:
Hi 7racer,

I suggest that you remove the RN###### number from the image you posted publicly. It is the Tesla equivalent of your account number, e.g. primary database key, for your vehicle reservation and now order.

Congrats on the estimated completion date for your Sig X!!

Hope to see more of these dates from Bonnie and others tomorrow so we can start figuring out an estimated Sig X ramp.

Russ

Hi 7racer,

I suggest that you remove the RN###### number from the image you posted publicly. It is the Tesla equivalent of your account number, e.g. primary database key, for your vehicle reservation and now order.

Congrats on the estimated completion date for your Sig X!!

Hope to see more of these dates from Bonnie and others tomorrow so we can start figuring out an estimated Sig X ramp.

Russ

thanks Russ!

I think it said "beginning 2016", but my point was that I agree with the OP that Model X is not quite ready for mass rollout if the wait-time for new orders is more than eight months. Surely the ramp-up shouldn't take that long. Or if it did, I would be a little concerned what was wrong with Tesla's production logistics.

I think it said "beginning 2016", but my point was that I agree with the OP that Model X is not quite ready for mass rollout if the wait-time for new orders is more than eight months. Surely the ramp-up shouldn't take that long. Or if it did, I would be a little concerned what was wrong with Tesla's production logistics.
Remember Tesla has 25000+ orders for X already. May be above 30k as per Paul's tracking, we just don't know cancellation rates for sure.

50k per year is the current Model S production rate 3 years into building it, so, knowing we will only get the 1200 US sigs this year, Tesla saying new X orders will ship H2 2016 means they will build 25k in H1. That's equivalent to the current, mature Model S production rate. I would say that is a pretty ambitious goal.