Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I created a registry for 2012 Model S VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2012 P85 Signature failed last week, well the connectors and to replace you have to unscrew the battery and they torqued off the screw and because it goes through battery they can't tap it. Now looking at 20K battery, which miffs me as they did not have prior approval to do work, just diagnose. 93KM which is around 60,000 miles.
Are you going through your local Tesla Service Center? Are you opting for reman or new replacement pack?

2012 P85 here. Here's my bill in USD when I had to replace my pack due to BMS_u029 alert last Fall. I ordered reman 85 from Tesla. New 2022 build 90 came in. Tesla honored reman 85 quote. Tesla corked to 85, would cost $750 to uncork to 90. I opted to stay at 85.

Battery Replacement 1.pngBattery Replacement 2.pngBattery replacement 3.png

My 2012 P85 Signature failed last week, well the connectors and to replace you have to unscrew the battery and they torqued off the screw and because it goes through battery they can't tap it. Now looking at 20K battery, which miffs me as they did not have prior approval to do work, just diagnose. 93KM which is around 60,000 miles.
Did you get any alerts i.e. BMS_u029 or BMS_u018?

2012 Signature #2078 P85
93,471km

How many signatures were made? First 2,000 were delivered in US and the next 1,000 to Canada correct?
60k is incredibly low mileage for a battery to fail. However it sounds like the battery was good but connectors were bad? How can Tesla have a level of ineptitude to not be able to get their own battery bolts out? Was this weather related since you are in the great north? I could potentially see bolts being corroded if they were subject to a lot of salt decay. Either way 60k isn’t a number Tesla will be bragging about in their longevity reports. Might want to leave out the 43k and 60k cars from the data set again boys!

60k is incredibly low mileage for a battery to fail. However it sounds like the battery was good but connectors were bad? How can Tesla have a level of ineptitude to not be able to get their own battery bolts out? Was this weather related since you are in the great north? I could potentially see bolts being corroded if they were subject to a lot of salt decay. Either way 60k isn’t a number Tesla will be bragging about in their longevity reports. Might want to leave out the 43k and 60k cars from the data set again boys!
I was thinking the same on bolts....probably took an impact gun to it and broke them off, and it cost me 20K. They should've had prior approval before pulling apart the car. I just asked them to diagnose the code on the dash; therefore, it should be covered under shop insurance.

Reactions: tesluv108
Do you recall the codes on the dash?
Yes, see attached error code which Tesla Tech said contactors needed to be replaced, but then broke of two horizontal bolts as you can see in images.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpeg
    IMG_1137.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 52
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (157).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (157).jpg
    408 KB · Views: 64
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (158).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (158).jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 51
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (156).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (156).jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 49
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (155).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (155).jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 54
Yes, see attached error code which Tesla Tech said contactors needed to be replaced, but then broke of two horizontal bolts as you can see in images.
Is this a reman or new battery? The price would suggest reman but the invoice didn’t seem to reference reman. Did you ask them for a discount since the service clowns broke the bolts off? Unbelievable

Hello Everyone... Just joined the this, forum. Picked up a 2012 Signature Model S over the weekend. Pretty low miles around 54K on the clock. VIN: 5YJSA1DP6CFS00535. Didn't know about the signature cars until after I made the purchase and started to do some research. Pretty cool to learn that there were only so many of these launch edition cards produced. Got a informant system upgrade scheduled for the beginning of August other than that car looks and drives great! Still getting over 250 miles on a full charge.

Reactions: NV Ray
Hello Everyone... Just joined the this, forum. Picked up a 2012 Signature Model S over the weekend. Pretty low miles around 54K on the clock. VIN: 5YJSA1DP6CFS00535. Didn't know about the signature cars until after I made the purchase and started to do some research. Pretty cool to learn that there were only so many of these launch edition cards produced. Got a informant system upgrade scheduled for the beginning of August other than that car looks and drives great! Still getting over 250 miles on a full charge.
Would be cool if you knew if battery was original. Do you know how to find the sticker? It’s behind right front wheel