Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I created a registry for 2012 Model S VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was doing great until Tesla nerfed my config setting back to AP0 .. so .. at the moment, it isn't holding up. But I do have all the cool driver display graphics, lane lines, phantom cars, speed limit signs, auto-high beams, ... but I no longer have LKAS or adaptive cruise control. Thankfully, the Comma3 (and custom forked OpenPilot) is available to take over where Tesla cut me off. Oddly enough though, they didn't kill the retrofitted heated steering wheel.

Hello all!

This is my first post, but I have been a follower of the forum for a while.

If you are not familiar, VINwiki is a website/app which allows users to upload information about cars and track vehicle history. On the app, I created a list for all 2012 Model S on the site, and decided to create a spreadsheet to list every 2012 Model S VIN I come across.
Up here in Canada it seems the Signature VINs started S02000 and above.
How many of you can still fold your side mirrors in?

Would it be a fair statement to say most of these early 2012 batteries have already failed? I know people such as wk057 have stated these early packs had problems they worked out by early 2015. Hopefully most of you got it replaced under warranty. And if not, how much did you pay?

Would it be a fair statement to say most of these early 2012 batteries have already failed? I know people such as wk057 have stated these early packs had problems they worked out by early 2015. Hopefully most of you got it replaced under warranty. And if not, how much did you pay?Yes, I decided to get a new out of warranty pack from my Tesla Service Center. I ordered 85 kWh reman for $13.5k plus tax and labor. Luckily a 90 NEW came in. Tesla honored the $13.5k plus tax and labor. 4 yr/50k mile warranty on both reman or new. New would have cost $17k plus tax and labor.
2012 P85 here. Yes, I decided to get a new out of warranty pack from my Tesla Service Center. I ordered 85 kWh reman for $13.5k plus tax and labor. Luckily a 90 NEW came in. Tesla honored the $13.5k plus tax and labor. 4 yr/50k mile warranty on both reman or new. New would have cost $17k plus tax and labor.

2012 P85 here. Yes, I decided to get a new out of warranty pack from my Tesla Service Center. I ordered 85 kWh reman for $13.5k plus tax and labor. Luckily a 90 NEW came in. Tesla honored the $13.5k plus tax and labor. 4 yr/50k mile warranty on both reman or new. New would have cost $17k plus tax and labor.
At that price ( which isn’t bad for a brand new battery) hopefully you will get 8 more years plus out of the car!

Reactions: NV Ray
I am interested in the spreadsheet as I want to know the best number of 2012 cars produced. Currently the highest number listed is 3265. I received my 2012 Model S on January 21st, 2013 and my vin ends in 3101. Also want to know how many have been wrecked and are out of service.

Would it be a fair statement to say most of these early 2012 batteries have already failed? I know people such as wk057 have stated these early packs had problems they worked out by early 2015. Hopefully most of you got it replaced under warranty. And if not, how much did you pay?
My 2012 P85 Signature failed last week, well the connectors and to replace you have to unscrew the battery and they torqued off the screw and because it goes through battery they can't tap it. Now looking at 20K battery, which miffs me as they did not have prior approval to do work, just diagnose. 93KM which is around 60,000 miles.

2012 Signature #2078 P85
93,471km

How many signatures were made? First 2,000 were delivered in US and the next 1,000 to Canada correct?

Attachments

• IMG_1898.png
    IMG_1898.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 377