Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to confirm FSD on new MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happily bought my first Tesla.... Mx 2 weeks ago. Delivery was a bit hectic as the Center was quite busy and they weren't quite ready for us and seemed rushed but no biggie. According to the invoice I paid the advance costs for FSD but noticed the sticker in the trunk when we got home made no mention of FSD, only AP. I have actually called the Center to confirm and text but no answer. Also submitted question through website. Any way I can tell if I have FSD hardware and capability?

I just went through something similar. Took delivery 6/25. I paid for FSD when I ordered on 5/22. When I got the car, the sticker didn't have it and the autopilot settings did not show Navigate on Autopilot. My delivery associate said it would come with the next software update. Since the delivery team still had not completed my registration, I went ahead and did a software update. Still no FSD. I was told that it would take 24-48 hours to process. 72 hours, and another software update, later, still no FSD. I tried to call the service department at my SC but no one would pick up the phone. I finally got the sales team to pick up, and they refused to let me talk to the service department but assured me it should be fixed with 24 hours. 24 hours later, still no FSD. Today (7/1), after another phone call with yet another unhelpful response about waiting 24-48 hours, I blanket emailed every Tesla contact I have ever dealt with to complain about FSD and the general lack of support I was receiving. Within 15 min, someone from a Tesla store that doesn't do deliveries responded that he was reaching out to "engineering" and 15 minutes later the car was updated. Very frustrating overall experience. I was particularly upset that no one at the SC could give me a reasonable explanation for why it wasn't getting processed. Every person I talked to gave me a different incorrect response. They seem to know very little about the car or how it works.

• Informative
Reactions: BoerumHill
I just went through something similar. Took delivery 6/25. I paid for FSD when I ordered on 5/22. When I got the car, the sticker didn't have it and the autopilot settings did not show Navigate on Autopilot. My delivery associate said it would come with the next software update. Since the delivery team still had not completed my registration, I went ahead and did a software update. Still no FSD. I was told that it would take 24-48 hours to process. 72 hours, and another software update, later, still no FSD. I tried to call the service department at my SC but no one would pick up the phone. I finally got the sales team to pick up, and they refused to let me talk to the service department but assured me it should be fixed with 24 hours. 24 hours later, still no FSD. Today (7/1), after another phone call with yet another unhelpful response about waiting 24-48 hours, I blanket emailed every Tesla contact I have ever dealt with to complain about FSD and the general lack of support I was receiving. Within 15 min, someone from a Tesla store that doesn't do deliveries responded that he was reaching out to "engineering" and 15 minutes later the car was updated. Very frustrating overall experience. I was particularly upset that no one at the SC could give me a reasonable explanation for why it wasn't getting processed. Every person I talked to gave me a different incorrect response. They seem to know very little about the car or how it works.

I have not received any replies to phone messages, texts and emails.... anyway you can send me the email address that seemed to work? Frustrating and dishonest IMO.

Update.... I decided to try the Chat Support.... after a bit of a wait was connected to Chandler and Chandler was extremely responsive and helpful... stayed in contact with me while contacting support engineers... confirmed that I did not have FSD which I had purchased... waiting for the download over next day or so... I'll keep updating. What is really disappointing, and I expressed this to Chandler, is that I paid for the FSD and it was not installed and I was not informed..... I would have been very understanding if I had been informed but feel that this is dishonest and a poor way of conducting business....

On the same boat here. Bought MX 6/25. Autosteer OK. 1) Can't see summon on cellphone app and 2) no autolane change. Called 1-877 number 7am this morning. Waited 20 minutes and got a human pickup.

Confirmed with the purchase paperwork that I did purchase FSD but somehow it was not setup at time of pickup. So escalate to tech support team. Drove the car, parked, finished several clients and got out to the car at around 11am: the menu has changed. Now the car can do lane change and summon appears on the cellphone app.

Try the 1-877 early in the morning. Might get you through to a human operator.