Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see anyone beating Tesla with truck to Market at this point of time including handful employees delivered Rivians.
Still hopeful that DM CT will start at 55k.
Uh, no. There is no real CT basic design yet. Tesla just removed the CT delivery time from 2022 entirely. Ford will begin delivering trucks in the Spring. CT still does not have a production battery form, and both LG and Panasonic are pushing back on design and production issues. And the exoskeleton design will not come close to meeting basic safety standard in U.S. and EU for pedestrians. Basic elements like the flat windshield simply do not work in the indicated scale (flat windshield went out in the 60's due to skittering wiper blades - you need an arc to do it properly), and they have not been able to figure out what to do about sweeping that windshield size. This is fundamental. And then there's the cost issue - Elon has indicated it would cost close to $1 million/copy as originally presented. No WAY it can be done in stainless for $55k or even $100k, or even $200k. Not a close call. CT in 2022? Probably not even in 2023. Check the Tesla website - subtly updated. I have a reservation but will be driving my Lightning for at least a year before having to decide...

Uh, no. There is no real CT basic design yet. Tesla just removed the CT delivery time from 2022 entirely. Ford will begin delivering trucks in the Spring. CT still does not have a production battery form, and both LG and Panasonic are pushing back on design and production issues. And the exoskeleton design will not come close to meeting basic safety standard in U.S. and EU for pedestrians. Basic elements like the flat windshield simply do not work in the indicated scale (flat windshield went out in the 60's due to skittering wiper blades - you need an arc to do it properly), and they have not been able to figure out what to do about sweeping that windshield size. This is fundamental. And then there's the cost issue - Elon has indicated it would cost close to $1 million/copy as originally presented. No WAY it can be done in stainless for $55k or even $100k, or even $200k. Not a close call. CT in 2022? Probably not even in 2023. Check the Tesla website - subtly updated. I have a reservation but will be driving my Lightning for at least a year before having to decide...
100%. well put.

Unlike other Tesla reveals... the Cybertruck shown was *truly* a prototype with obvious production issues not thought through or solved at reveal.

Can Tesla solve them? Sure.

Is it the best way to spend resources? Doubtful.

With Rivian / the F150 / Silverado EV up and coming and likely an electric RAM as well ... the truck market for EVs will be crowded and Ford/GM/RAM all have loyal followers and functionality wise I don't see the CT being superior to the F150. I really don't. *cool* looks and bullet proof steel panels don't compensate for a shorter bed, no storage space in the frunk area etc

100%. well put.

Unlike other Tesla reveals... the Cybertruck shown was *truly* a prototype with obvious production issues not thought through or solved at reveal.

Can Tesla solve them? Sure.

Is it the best way to spend resources? Doubtful.

With Rivian / the F150 / Silverado EV up and coming and likely an electric RAM as well ... the truck market for EVs will be crowded and Ford/GM/RAM all have loyal followers and functionality wise I don't see the CT being superior to the F150. I really don't. *cool* looks and bullet proof steel panels don't compensate for a shorter bed, no storage space in the frunk area etc

Not to mention the spartan interior which is not going to cut it.

Who said anything about no storage at the frunk in CT. More talk out of the rear again? Love how you pretend that all the competition already have existing trucks in production. Too funny.

You are in denial. It's o.k though. There are at least 6 Lightnings going down the production line in this picture

• Disagree
Reactions: Lonewulf45
Oh I see nice PR pic with paid article to boost the stock. Cool story!

So you think Ford just took a bunch of F-150 Lightning Bodies, put them on the assembly line to take a picture. Did I tell you dealers are getting Demos before deliveries…. You are truly delusional if you think this isn’t really happening… I assume you would prefer drone footage

In case you haven’t noticed, Ford stock isn’t anything to write home about. PR Pics will not make or break Ford lol

Reactions: texas_star_TM3