Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Me Crowdfund My Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, of course I would do that. It doesn't seem like it's going to work anyway though. No one has bought any ads except for the one I Ebayed. I haven't given up yet but there seems little else I can do. I'll wait another week or so and if still nothing I'll cancel. It was worth a try.

That's sad to hear.
I was really hoping this would work for you.
You'd think this would be a great way for companies to advertise, especially companies that deal with vehicles.

I hope one day you'll be able to comfortably purchase a Tesla!

That's sad to hear.
I was really hoping this would work for you.
You'd think this would be a great way for companies to advertise, especially companies that deal with vehicles.

I hope one day you'll be able to comfortably purchase a Tesla!
As I said, I haven't given up yet, though things are looking bleak. I need some sponsors before I can move forward, but I haven't had any interest in the month I've launched the site. Even the business owners who I personally know either don't respond to my emails or come up with some excuse of why they don't need to advertise at all, all the while saying what a cool idea it is and they hope it works out. I've pretty much exhausted my venues of trying to drum up publicity so I'm not sure what else I can do but wait.

So if I'm not wrong you're looking at the performance version?
If that's the case and you're still unable to sell any advertising why not just go with the standard 85? You'll no longer need to fulfill your drag racing obligations, while still being able to beat the range record
thatll save you a few Ks, Ks that you would have gotten from the ads
im just saying you'll still get the longest range tesla just not the quickest one,

And remember its still a TESLA, which when you receive would still might sell some ad space

Well in all honesty all I would get personally would be the 60 kWh with super charging and nothing else, but I figured I can do more things with the performance model (range and racing) so it increases the value a lot for the ad sponsors, but then again, it makes it more expensive. Dropping the performance would still leave me with $180/unit which isn't much of a reduction and I doubt it would boost more sales over $200.

How about using the car for weddings? Like they do here. Get yourself a pearl white Model S. You could charge around $600 per wedding. 4 weddings a month and you get $2400. That's not bad. And without any stickers on your car.

View attachment 18831
That's an interesting idea, but it would take over three years of doing 1 wedding every week to pay for it, plus it would be hard to keep it that clean with the little kids riding around in the back.

Even using my Bing, Google, and Facebook ad credits, I haven't been able to get anything. The site has been visited thousands of times but nothing. I'm convinced that it isn't going to work at this point. I hope someone does an infrastructure research study on urban dwellers with only EVs and no home charging because it looks like I'm not going to be able to. Someone also develop a V2G app, I think there's some good money to be made. I'll at least be able to report on the speed of a deposit refund.