Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I paid another visit to the SC in Waipahu. Yep, my blue Tesla was sitting there in all its glory, along with two white Model Ss with grey 21" wheels that were brought over from the port today. One correction: there is in fact a green Tesla at the SC. Luke said that there's a detailer working right now on the cars and some will be available for pickup on Saturday. Mine will have to wait until Monday at the earliest.

The disappointment is that Nanimac's blue Tesla was nowhere to be seen. Nanimac, if I were you I would be on the phone to Mac, asking him to please track down the location of your car. RodF's smartphone app tracking method looks like it works pretty well. After you start receiving the "app remote access is off" message you can expect about four or five days of "unable to contact .." during the crossing, followed by a return of the "app remote access is off" message. Perhaps your car is still at the port in California. I'm sure it won't be long, but enough time has gone by to warrant an investigation by Mac.

One surprise with my car: the grey interior is much lighter than expected. It's almost white. I can see this interior is going to take lots of effort to keep clean. Nonetheless, the car has a light interior for an island car and I think it'll serve me well with the pano roof open and my favorite tunes floating from the speakers.

Congrats Papafox..am disappointed that my car seems to be MIA..emailed Mac a few days back but never heard from him...guess will try to call on Monday if my app is still connecting..

i was debating on the grey interior too but it looked light in pictures I saw...you'll definitely have to put some kind of protectorant on it.

Guilty.

I've been lurking here for months, and admiring all of your cars from H-1 or the Volta plugs at Ala Moana Ctr. I picked up a three year lease on a Leaf last August, and after about 2 days with it, became convinced that EVs are the future, and became absolutely obsessed with Tesla shortly thereafter. I picked up a little bit of stock in October, which has performed quite well, as I'm sure you all know; however, I didn't buy in enough to allow me to upgrade my Leaf to a Model S. But I'm definitely going in on a Gen III as soon as its announced.

In any event, I check in on this thread several times per day. And yes, Akikiki, your witty posts are a pleasure to read; but mostly it's my jealousy/envy/appreciation of all you Tesla owners that keeps me coming back.

I look forward to seeing you all on the road, and hopefully joining your ranks in the not too distant future.

Aloha,

Stoebs

Stoebs, well, well, well. Welcome to the HTO. I guess we can make you a honorary owner. You are close since you own an EV and are gonna get ya one of them Gen 3's. And thank you. I have I guess at least one fan. One person is not burned out of my weird humor. Maybe their funny bone battery has run down. (Get it, battery? Funny bone? Like the funny bone runs on an EV battery... get it? Oh well, they all can't be zingers.)

So, if we make you an HO on HTO, you gotta tell us your Leaf config/color (they are all beige aren't they?) and tag number so we will know ya and can wave at ya. welcome, welcome. Yes, I am checking this thread dozens of times a day. I am glad these posts don't have a time stamp, else I would feel really silly considering the time I put some stuff up here.

- - - Updated - - -

Today I paid another visit to the SC in Waipahu. Yep, my blue Tesla was sitting there in all its glory, along with two white Model Ss with grey 21" wheels that were brought over from the port today. One correction: there is in fact a green Tesla at the SC. Luke said that there's a detailer working right now on the cars and some will be available for pickup on Saturday. Mine will have to wait until Monday at the earliest.

The disappointment is that Nanimac's blue Tesla was nowhere to be seen. Nanimac, if I were you I would be on the phone to Mac, asking him to please track down the location of your car. RodF's smartphone app tracking method looks like it works pretty well. After you start receiving the "app remote access is off" message you can expect about four or five days of "unable to contact .." during the crossing, followed by a return of the "app remote access is off" message. Perhaps your car is still at the port in California. I'm sure it won't be long, but enough time has gone by to warrant an investigation by Mac.

One surprise with my car: the grey interior is much lighter than expected. It's almost white. I can see this interior is going to take lots of effort to keep clean. Nonetheless, the car has a light interior for an island car and I think it'll serve me well with the pano roof open and my favorite tunes floating from the speakers.

Papafox. That's WONDERFUL. It appears you have found the secret to the system. Just go out to the SC three or four times in a week and your car simply appears. Wow, I wish I had learned this months ago. Don't underestimate. If I were you, I would go back tomorrow. They know you are anxious and ya never know, maybe they would move you up in the queue for the detailing. Worth a look. I think I will mosey out there too. I'll give you a ride either way if you could use it.

sorry nanimac, I wish I would wish it here for you. I am thinking positive for you.

- - - Updated - - -

ddruz, Will do. Mahalo!

Jeff, Did you get yours today or is it next Friday? Where do you have to stop off and charge to drive your MS here from Kailua-Kona? Maui? In just being silly. lol

Congrats Papafox..am disappointed that my car seems to be MIA..emailed Mac a few days back but never heard from him...guess will try to call on Monday if my app is still connecting..

i was debating on the grey interior too but it looked light in pictures I saw...you'll definitely have to put some kind of protectorant on it.

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back. If it helps, Mac told me today that he can request GPS updates from the car to determine its location. To ascertain status in the shipping process, he must inquire with the logistics team. Now I'm waiting for an update. All I know is that my car didn't get on a boat yet, and that it's shipping from long beach. Keep pressing Mac because someone should have an answer for you.

002.jpg
Aloha Everyone,

I'm sorry, but I was so busy driving around aimlessly today that I just barely got around to taking this pic. I'll try to get some more posted tomorrow. The last few days were kind of frustrating, but as saying goes, all's well that ends well.

A hui hou,

Jeff

View attachment 23362Aloha Everyone,

I'm sorry, but I was so busy driving around aimlessly today that I just barely got around to taking this pic. I'll try to get some more posted tomorrow. The last few days were kind of frustrating, but as saying goes, all's well that ends well.

A hui hou,

Jeff

Jeff !!! She's BEAUTIFUL ! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL !! She has headlights. What are you doing here on the forum when you can be out there driving her? I routinely drive in to work on the interstate, H3 here before 4 a.m. But I drive at 45 mph just to stay in the car driving as long as I can. You might have missed this question because it was earlier in the thread. What is the first song you played during your drive?

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back. If it helps, Mac told me today that he can request GPS updates from the car to determine its location. To ascertain status in the shipping process, he must inquire with the logistics team. Now I'm waiting for an update. All I know is that my car didn't get on a boat yet, and that it's shipping from long beach. Keep pressing Mac because someone should have an answer for you.

thanks Jatk..good to know about the GPS updates..will definitely follow up with Mac on Monday.

@leesichter, Are you out there? Aloha... Just to catch you up, there's a very good chance your car is already at the Service Center. What color is yours? Do you know where the Service Center is? Its open tomorrow. They received 20 cars this week. most are at the Service Center. I suspect you will be hearing from someone local from the Service Center sooner than you have already been told.

Congrats, Jeff! What an exciting day!

For those of you just receiving your cars, here is a registration tidbit. Both my wife and I were listed as owners on the MVPA. For some reason, they only listed me on the Bill of Sale. My wife went to DMV to register the car under both our names and they would not accept it. They told her that Tesla needs to reissue the Bill of Sale with both names. I called Mac and he is Fed Ex'ing it over. When you get your Bill of Sale, make sure it is written up just as you intend to register the car, or call Tesla. Might save you an extra DMV trip.

RodF, yep, you are right. I remember someone else having a like problem. That's a rare one and I guess we forgot about it when we developed the registration checklist. hmmm. Otherwise, how's the T-grin? How's the car? Got fun?

Akikiki, Got Fun big time. Really enjoying the car. Didn't take very long to get accustomed to the user interface and all the features. No complaints here, everything works as it should. What a joy to drive.

Ron, you were so busy I didn't get a chance to mention this. Remember when Luke was talking about Driver Profiles? You can create one called "Exit" and have the seat move and steering wheel move out of the way, before you get out of the car. Just dial it up, hit Exit and let it position to make getting out easy. Then when you get back in punch your profile and it returns to your settings. Clever huh? (Someone else showed me too.)

Nanimac:
Mac told me on Wed that my car had been shipped, but the logistics team are the only ones that could tell us ETA. Just 3 hrs ago, I got an email asking what was the best time between 6/13-16/17. Keep monitoring your emails.
I never received any papers in the mail yet. Do you know what is that I'm supposed to receive? Bill of sale? Manufacturer's statement of origin? Am I supposed to sign something and send it back?

- - - Updated - - -

Akikiki:
Lee used to work at my company. How do you know Lee? He told me last year that his MS was white.

Solar, He posted a thread on TM today about 8:15. His car is here and he's rightly upset because of some info he got about it. I doubt the information is accurate though. I asked him to come over to our thread and let us share some details with him. I've been watching for him to show up.

Back to the question you asked nanimac. Go back to comment #522 about 12 April, there's some details there about what you should expect to get from TM. When it arrives, quickly read, check all over where you need to sign and get it back out the same day going back FedEx to TM. The return FedEx enevlope will be included. You can turn it around in the same week, and it will help your paperwork considerably. Really important.

Akikiki, I may speak with the SC guys on Saturday morning. My Tesla is going to receive a full detailing during the Glare installation next week by 20/20, so it seems rather pointless to wait several days for a detailing just to take the car to the detailer's shop. What I really need is a good walk-around to make sure everything is ship shape and a check to ensure there's enough juice to make it home.

I never received any papers in the mail yet. Do you know what is that I'm supposed to receive? Bill of sale? Manufacturer's statement of origin? Am I supposed to sign something and send it back?

solar powered,
Two days after I paid for the car I received a FedEx envelope with the following items:
* Temporary registration
* Certificate of origin
* Bill of sale
* Application for registration
* State of Hawaii Motor vehicle use tax certification
* A document that shows the state of California that you will not be accepting delivery in California. That doc needs to be signed and returned. Multiple signatures are required, as I remember. Please call Mac if you have any questions at all. I did.

Aloha Everyone,

A hui hou,

Jeff

Congratulations Jeff! What a beauty! The Big Island is such a great place to drive your MS! Lots of open roads to let the horses run. Keep the T-grin going!

- - - Updated - - -

Nanimac:
Mac told me on Wed that my car had been shipped, but the logistics team are the only ones that could tell us ETA. Just 3 hrs ago, I got an email asking what was the best time between 6/13-16/17. Keep monitoring your emails.

Hmmm. I received my papers prior to paying for the car. They sent the documents via FedEx to my home (altho' I specifically asked them to send them to my office). I'm thinking my car is on the ship since the phone app is turned off. No email asking to set a delivery date yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa !, Has anyone looked at the stats on this Hi Tesla Owners thread lately? While there's been just less than 1,000 replies, its been viewed more than 54,000 times! Someone is my secret admirer and must be spending a lot of time coming back to re-read my witty, clever remarks. Okay, who is ittttt???
Akikiki, I for one thoroughly enjoy your witty comments! Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.