Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is ownership defined by Tesla for maintaining SC05?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I have a MY with SC05 via the "FUSC to FSC" offer from Q42023. The verbiage from that agreement was, "The transferred free Supercharging will be active while you remain the owner of the new vehicle. If you sell or otherwise transfer ownership of the new vehicle, the transferred free Supercharging will be removed from the vehicle and the vehicle will be defaulted to pay per use Supercharging." I am presuming similar language for other SC05 vehicles.

Does anyone have experience with how Tesla is defining ownership for cases where the title may change but an owner from original purchase remains? All of these scenarios presume no change to the Tesla account linked to the vehicle.

Scenarios I am curious about (either from prior experience, possible future experience, or events in friends' lives):

-marriage, new title with original owner plus new spouse co-owner
-divorce, new title with an original owner less prior spouse co-owner
-refinance, new title with updated lienholder, no ownership change
-refinance, new title with updated lienholder and primary owner/co-owner names swapped
-payoff, new title with lienholder removed
-relocation, new title in new state
-gifting, new title with original owner plus new child/giftee co-owner

I'd posit SC05 should be maintained in all the scenarios because a day 1 owner maintains presence on the title, but curious if Tesla (via its automated processes) sees it that way.