Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplugged again.
While charging at the ward theaters someone unplugged me.:mad: I had my visible tesla app running and I noticed it right away. I was livid:cursing: after sprinting back to my car I got a big surprise.:confused: there was no inconsiderate EV parked in the EV space. (I was in the regular parking spot in front of the EV spot to have more room to open my car door without hitting the "wall") the cable was neatly coiled and back on it's rack.
the culprit? Someone on a bicycle who wanted to lock their bicycle to the EV charging sign pole. I guess the cable was in his way. I reported it to security and they took the front axle off his tire so he would have to visit the security office to get it back. the security guard (supervisor) said that he would speak to the individual.:rolleyes:

Akikiki gave me his "thingie" to prevent premature pull out, but I wasn't using protection. (that just sounds WRONG):redface:

Ugh sorry to hear. :(

People sometimes just think of themselves. I had an occasion the other day where somebody unplugged me before I finished charging but I think it's the first time that's happened in 2 years without me being involved in the process.

Lucky you live in Hawaii :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
Love the lighting in that 3rd shot--looks like another car's headlights are shining on the paint and just causing really neat highlights and contrasts.
You don't miss much! That's exactly what happened (unintentionally). This actually came out best as the iPhone seemed to adjust for the brightness in the foreground and darken the background so you could see the true color of the sky. Other photos didn't show the colors as well as it brightened up the picture and washed out the pinks/lavenders.

I was at Hawaii Kai Towne Center yesterday (the Costco shopping center in HK) and noticed they finally installed a charging station. It's mounted on the pillar in front of where the Yogurtland used to be (close to Starbucks). They also posted a sign in front of the stall to restrict parking to EV charging only. Unfortunately, they didn't reserve any additional spaces on either side and it's a VERY narrow stall to begin with, so it will be a super tight fit for any of us to use.

I didn't stop to check it out, so I don't know if there's a fee. It is not a sponsored charger and I didn't recognize the hardware as any of the network chargers that I've seen before.

In case you missed it, we have our own campaign to get Tesla to install a SuperCharger on Oahu. If you didn't know about this effort, please go up to the tool bar and select Groups. Then select the Hawaii Tesla Owners group. There another set of threads for owners/members there. There's a thread under our Group, that discusses getting a SuperCharger on Oahu. Please read it.

Don't confuse the group threads with the name of this thread Hawaii Tesla Owners. Yes, they are named the same, but they are different items on this forum. If you can't find the Group threads, leave a reply so we can steer you.

Speaking of superchargers....my parents are in town with some of their friends so did the circle (half) island drive. But had to pick them up I Waikiki and drop them back off too so more like circle and a half drive. stopped in Waipio for lunch and my cousin took the Tesla to the service center to charge since there was only 33 miles left, I knew I wouldn't make it to Waikiki and back home to Mililani...charged about 20 miles which took about an hour..

if we had a supercharger (and I had a supercharger-enabled car).. it would have been a quick charge. maybe by the time I trade up to a P 85, there will be enough Teslas and requests to warrant a supercharger...but then I wouldn't need the extra miles..lol

anyway...even after charging I still only had 5 miles left :scared: My lowest range ever.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I feel your pain, Nanimac. Even with the P85, I almost ran out of charge one day because I did a lot more driving than I expected. Basically around the island twice, back home to shower and change, pick up someone in Waikiki, then to Pearl City for bowling, then to drop off the person in Waikiki and home. I hit zero and was driving at that for about 2 miles. If I'd known I would cut it that close I wouldn't have been driving like I stole it all day (like I normally do).

nanimac said, " it would have been a quick charge. maybe by the time I trade up to a P 85, there will be enough Teslas and requests to warrant a supercharger...but then I wouldn't need the extra miles..lol"

I believe there's already enough to justify a SC. But we have to get Tesla's attention, huh?

And didn't you really mean to say "maybe its time I trade up to a P 85," ???

I feel your pain, Nanimac. Even with the P85, I almost ran out of charge one day because I did a lot more driving than I expected. Basically around the island twice, back home to shower and change, pick up someone in Waikiki, then to Pearl City for bowling, then to drop off the person in Waikiki and home. I hit zero and was driving at that for about 2 miles. If I'd known I would cut it that close I wouldn't have been driving like I stole it all day (like I normally do).

Down to 0? Impressive!!

oops they did it again. Unplugged at the Blaisdell tonight by a black Leaf.:cursing: took me 7 minutes to get there and correct the problem.:crying: when I plugged it back in I tried to use the plug keeper that Akikiki gave me, but it didn't seem to fit.:confused: rather than trying to figure it out then I just rolled back over the cord and plugged in normally.:biggrin: Let them try and plug their car in now...:tongue:
I think I'll do a max range charge tonight.:rolleyes:

My wife wanted me to post this so I will. I was on the Big Island this past weekend and was driving an ICE. She teased me about the fact that I really had to remember to put the car in Park, then push the parking brake, then turn off the car. Oops, and yes, lock the car. Wow! Am I spoiled by my Tessie!

I've forgotten to lock my Audi lots of times when I drive it..would have left it running a few times if it wasn't for the loud continuous beeping noise the car makes when the engine is left on when leaving the car..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.