Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife wanted me to post this so I will. I was on the Big Island this past weekend and was driving an ICE. She teased me about the fact that I really had to remember to put the car in Park, then push the parking brake, then turn off the car. Oops, and yes, lock the car. Wow! Am I spoiled by my Tessie!

Borrowed a Leaf for a quick errand. Came back and left the car. I remembered to push the button on the fob to lock the door. A couple of hours later my brother-in-law comes into the house and said, "who left the Leaf on?" Didn't realize that I had to push a button to turn the dang thing off. The air conditioner was running for a couple of hours, but it still had 40 miles of range on it.

Borrowed a Leaf for a quick errand. Came back and left the car. I remembered to push the button on the fob to lock the door. A couple of hours later my brother-in-law comes into the house and said, "who left the Leaf on?" Didn't realize that I had to push a button to turn the dang thing off. The air conditioner was running for a couple of hours, but it still had 40 miles of range on it.

I always have to adjust a little when going from the Leaf to the Model S and back. Worse is trying to start an ICE that doesn't have push button start ("where's the keys?!")

My wife wanted me to post this so I will. I was on the Big Island this past weekend and was driving an ICE. She teased me about the fact that I really had to remember to put the car in Park, then push the parking brake, then turn off the car. Oops, and yes, lock the car. Wow! Am I spoiled by my Tessie!

I've forgotten to lock my Audi lots of times when I drive it..would have left it running a few times if it wasn't for the loud continuous beeping noise the car makes when the engine is left on when leaving the car..lol

I did that last year in San Francisco. I left my rental car running for about 5 hours (or until the security guard shut it off) while I was doing the usual tourist things. hopefully I will have better luck with my ICE rental car in Orlando next month.

Is it just me?:confused:
does it happen to anyone else?:confused:
It happened to me again tonight.:confused:
Unplugged at TJMax by a Leaf.:cursing:
Visible tesla sent out a warning..:scared:
She was waiting for me when I got there. Even before she could get her first apology out I unplugged her and plugged myself back in. (I was at 51%)
We put our weapons away and she said how much she wanted a tesla but all she could afford was a used leaf (that she got last week) I then showed her what she was missing. 17 inch display, frunk/trunk space, etc... her husband was out scouting the other charging spots for an open charger. none available. the 2nd charger at TJMax was broken. of course I felt bad for her because she had to get back to Ewa and feed her dogs, but not bad enough to give in to her pleas. When her husband came back he just kept his distance. I guess I was still snorting fire. as they were getting ready to limp back to Ewa and find a charger on the way that was open, the Volta guys came and fixed the broken charger. they stayed and I kept talking with the wife. Turns out they own a tint/graphics wrap company and I should call them if I need anything tinted.

Ya know how when you walk up to your car to unplug the UMC, that you must take a couple of steps to the left so your car recognizes your fob? Then move back to the right and you can unlock the UMC and unplug it?
I added another fob antenna to my MS this week. It has helped with the unlocking of the car's UMC when I walk up to it after its charged. Its not perfect and I am going to re-wire it but not move the new antenna's location.
I documented how I did this, and posted it on Teslatap.com. I also put a TMC thread under User Interface. But I believe that many of us only look under Hawaii, so you might not know of this mod. Here's a link in case you want to review it.

Improved Charge Port Access with Extra FOB Antenna

Sharing a comparison between the MS and new BMW i8 by Consumer reports. Not really an apples to apples comparison in my mind, but interesting video nonetheless.

I test drove the i3 at the Hawaii Clean Energy EV event on Saturday. Cool little car but of course doesn't compare to the MS. I asked the dealer about the i8. Said they're coming out next month but there's a 2-year waiting list already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I test drove the i3 at the Hawaii Clean Energy EV event on Saturday. Cool little car but of course doesn't compare to the MS. I asked the dealer about the i8. Said they're coming out next month but there's a 2-year waiting list already.

some points I took away from the video?
Tesla MS = 5 passengers, 260 Mile E-Range, 100K with options, dude its a Tesla
BMW I8 = 2+2 passengers, 15 mile E-Range, 140K without options, Not a Tesla (seems like a stretch to even call it an EV)

Looks like the Model X final reveal is coming next week, along with "something else", according to Elon....

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/517486950589014016

By57o4jCYAECwsq.jpg

Looks like the Model X final reveal is coming next week, along with "something else", according to Elon....

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/517486950589014016

View attachment 60491

About time to unveil the D and something else

And on the prognosticators thread about this, pretty sure it's AWD variant of an S, and the other news likely the Model X reveal. Nanimac, you're time has come!! :biggrin:
Now you can upgrade and start teasing Akikiki about what he doesn't have, hehehehe

About time to unveil the D and something else

And on the prognosticators thread about this, pretty sure it's AWD variant of an S, and the other news likely the Model X reveal. Nanimac, you're time has come!! :biggrin:
Now you can upgrade and start teasing Akikiki about what he doesn't have, hehehehe

Anyone else see this? Hey, let's all put a "D" the back of our cars to screw with the media...
p85d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.