Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I noticed today was that being Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I didn't work today. But because I turned on Smart Preconditioning, the climate control turned on this morning without my needing the car.

drtko, you know, that's weird. But today, I was cleaning my dash. The A/C turned on three times, without me specifically pressing the choice on the screen. And I am still on 6.0. Weird.

Anyone notice we can't edit a our own recent postings after 1 day old?

Got 6.1 about a week ago. Not sure if it's just me or not, but the backup cam guide lines are a little off from reality. I always thought of the guide lines on backup camera representing where the "edges" of the car would fit, but on my MS, the guidelines seem to represent where the tires will go (generally), which doesn't always mean the same as where the fender is.

Just a word of caution. Of course you should never rely on the backup cam/guidelines exclusively anyway.

Upgraded to 6.1 on my parents car this past Wed. The backup lines are ... less colorful than I expected them to be.

Cool. Ya know? All that time everyone, (particularly on TM forum) complained (whined) about not having backup guidelines, not a single person said, "and when we get them, they should be yellow and bold and bend and blink sometimes". So, I guess we got what we asked for guidelines.

Glad you got the 6.1. No joy, I'm still waiting.

The ones that I have seen with colors and grid lines are because they have sensors that give a sense of distance, which they can then use color coding to indicate proximity (RED!! You're about to hit something!!). Considering there are no sensors on most of our cars, there's no surprise that there isn't more detail in the guidelines.

The ones that I have seen with colors and grid lines are because they have sensors that give a sense of distance, which they can then use color coding to indicate proximity (RED!! You're about to hit something!!). Considering there are no sensors on most of our cars, there's no surprise that there isn't more detail in the guidelines.

Gasp, STEPHENM, Are you sure? Your MS does not have sensors? Parking Sensors? How could that have happened? Did I ever mention that my RED has parking sensors? And folding mirrors. Uh huh, Uh huh.

Gasp, STEPHENM, Are you sure? Your MS does not have sensors? Parking Sensors? How could that have happened? Did I ever mention that my RED has parking sensors? And folding mirrors. Uh huh, Uh huh.

Now you're just rubbing it in, lol

Just to clarify, the colored lines on my Leaf are not related to sensors (since it doesn't have any) - it's just to help gauge distance. It's not really a problem that the Tesla doesn't have them but the pale grey / beige color does make them somewhat hard to see. It's a difficult balance between them bring more obvious and interfering with seeing other things in the camera view.

Now you're just rubbing it in, lol

Just to clarify, the colored lines on my Leaf are not related to sensors (since it doesn't have any) - it's just to help gauge distance. It's not really a problem that the Tesla doesn't have them but the pale grey / beige color does make them somewhat hard to see. It's a difficult balance between them bring more obvious and interfering with seeing other things in the camera view.

I just got 6.1(2.2.113) this morning. It's interesting how the lines appear when you put it in reverse, but they don't appear on the front camera. My guidelines appear to be easy to see. The color is a white/grey tone, but not difficult to separate from the background area. Also with the front camera kit, I can switch between front and rear camera without using the car - putting it in reverse and drive. The guidelines don't appear on the front or rear camera image when switched between using the front camera kit remote. Frankly, I am pleased the lines don't appear on the front camera view.

When I first had the update about a week ago, I thought to myself "meh, I'm so used to my car after 30k miles and 2 years of driving this won't really help me."
To my surprise, I have actually found it to be useful. Reversing into parking stalls has gotten easier and it's nice to see how your wheels are aligned and know when they're straightened out. Sure, it should have been there from the beginning, but this car just keeps getting better!

I just got 6.1(2.2.113) this morning too. Yep, charge port opening with remote confirmed. :cool:

I love having the guidelines. Also think the estimated mileage remaining on destinations is a nice touch too. Oh and to finally be able to see the notes in my calendar items. +1

I just got 6.1(2.2.113) this morning. It's interesting how the lines appear when you put it in reverse, but they don't appear on the front camera. My guidelines appear to be easy to see. The color is a white/grey tone, but not difficult to separate from the background area. Also with the front camera kit, I can switch between front and rear camera without using the car - putting it in reverse and drive. The guidelines don't appear on the front or rear camera image when switched between using the front camera kit remote. Frankly, I am pleased the lines don't appear on the front camera view.
Got my update this morning too. I set it to update when I arrived at Cars&Coffee today. Not sure if completed properly. I never got the "New features" page to display. both my screens remained black when I got into the car.
when the screens finally appeared it looked normal but my Google maps display was frozen and my phone app would not connect.:crying: then I tried to browse to teslamotorsclub.com to check and see if this had happened to anyone else. it would only go to the TWC WiFi login page. Even after I deleted that WiFi location it still wanted to go there. it wasn't until I turned WiFi off that I could connect to the internet.
this is what I think happened.... It performed the update until the WiFi system check and then got stuck because the TWC WiFi page is an unencrypted page (to allow logins) from then on it was ignoring the 3G connection because the MS favors WiFi when it is available. So did it complete but not finish all its final checks or did it not finish installing everything but still say it has 6.1 (2.2.113).mmmmm

Lesson learned? do not do your installation at Nico's.

I've got fog lights. Anyone else? I leave mine on all the time. Of course they only turn on when the car is turned on. And there's a green indicator on the dash when they are on.

Something different started happening since 6.1. When I exit one of the tunnels the headlight and the fog light dash indicators turns off. Before 6.1, the fog light indicator stayed on. I've not figured out if just the indicator is turning off or if the fog lights also are turning off.

Anyone else experience this - already?

I've got fog lights. Anyone else? I leave mine on all the time. Of course they only turn on when the car is turned on. And there's a green indicator on the dash when they are on.

Something different started happening since 6.1. When I exit one of the tunnels the headlight and the fog light dash indicators turns off. Before 6.1, the fog light indicator stayed on. I've not figured out if just the indicator is turning off or if the fog lights also are turning off.

Anyone else experience this - already?
I'll let you know as soon as I get trapped in the fog.