Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's been a couple of threads on TM about "things that aren't quite right with 6.1".
The list if more what they want than what's not right.

But I had an issue that other people on TM reported. The night after I installed 6.1, I had gone out after dark to visit my RED. The car was off but the A/C compressor was running at full. I opened the car and sat down so the screen would come up. When I did, the A/C fan switch wasn't on. I turned it on and back off and the A/C compressor shutdown. I figured it was just a fluke until I read on TM that a few others had something like it. Maybe that's what they fixed with .115

For anyone that has not already heard. Tesla has leaked that another firmware update is going to improve P85D 0-60 times from 3.2 to 2.8.

Nanimac, its time.

To be fair, the leaked rumor was 2.8. Elon's tweet only suggests an improvement of .1 seconds, which would make it a 3.1 car. Nothing to sneeze at, but not sub 3-second territory........yet. If it does go plaid (Spaceballs reference for those who don't know) I may be irrational and cash in some TSLA stock to make an upgrade possible. That IS highly irrational though, considering how much I think the stock will be worth in 3-5 years time.

To be fair, the leaked rumor was 2.8. Elon's tweet only suggests an improvement of .1 seconds, which would make it a 3.1 car. Nothing to sneeze at, but not sub 3-second territory........yet. If it does go plaid (Spaceballs reference for those who don't know) I may be irrational and cash in some TSLA stock to make an upgrade possible. That IS highly irrational though, considering how much I think the stock will be worth in 3-5 years time.

Why be fair? :)

Prompted for an update this morning. I was already on 6.1. Install took 20 minutes. New version 6.1(2.2.115)
No hint as to what it tweaks to fix.

When I went to move Tessie from the charging station this morning at work, it prompted me for the update as well. I'll see if anything has changed.

Yep, I got the update this morning also. saves me the time to have the SC check my "incomplete" 6.1 install.

This morning I noticed that my standard charge level has more miles now. Normally I get ~232 miles @ 90%, but when I got in this AM it was at 240. Will have to wait to see if it was a fluke or if either of the two recent updates (.113 or .115) improved the range.

This morning I noticed that my standard charge level has more miles now. Normally I get ~232 miles @ 90%, but when I got in this AM it was at 240. Will have to wait to see if it was a fluke or if either of the two recent updates (.113 or .115) improved the range.
I still see 230 at 90% with the latest upgrade (.115) how bout you nan?