Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone received their deposit after returning their Model Y/How long did it take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I returned my Model Y, LRAWD/White on June 22 after taking delivery on June 19. Returned the Y (much to my dismay) after confirming several body panel paint mismatches, bent door/hood hinges and more with a Tesla certified body shop.
When I returned the car DC management did not offer any solutions, just wanted my key cards back. Was told I would receive my deposit in 30 days. I have not heard from Tesla about my deposit since that day.
Just wondered if anyone that returned their Model Y has had any feedback from Tesla regarding why you returned the car and if you have received your deposit?

How would you know that? Any indication on the website account?

I returned my Model Y on July 2nd. I was told I will be banned from buying the same trim level as well. I was able to order the same trim on Tesla.com on July 3rd, the site took my order fee of $100 and it shows I have a new reservation. Not sure if they will cancel the order or what exactly will happen.

Reactions: jimmym1981
I returned my Model Y on July 2nd. I was told I will be banned from buying the same trim level as well. I was able to order the same trim on Tesla.com on July 3rd, the site took my order fee of $100 and it shows I have a new reservation. Not sure if they will cancel the order or what exactly will happen.
Hey... that is great to know...I think I will wait till September or later to see if Tesla gets their production issues resolve. Thanks for response