Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many times can you pass on delivery/pick up on a vehicle before you lose deposit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y was involved in a MVC in 2/2023. It may be totaled, but I won't know much more until my estimate in mid March, and then if potentially repairable, they cannot start working on it until June 2023 (and then too after taking it apart they may deem it unrepairable).
Here is my question-
Given the cost of Model Y has dropped, if I put in a deposit for a new model Y (in anticipation of my car being totaled and need to get a new car), can I push back the delivery if it is ready for me prior to any final decision on my current car? and if so, how many times or for how long can I do this?
If my car is repairable, then I would just give up the deposit

I live in WA state, and on the ordering site, it says April -June for delivery.

Thanks

Some postings:

”Tesla will not let you delay more than once, and they will give you an ultimatum that they will cancel your order (and you forfeit your locked in price and $250 order fee, which is not a deposit).”

”He (sales associate) said (I could delay) 3 days and if I cannot pick it up in that time they would have to reissue a new VIN at that point. The price of the car would not change unless the order was canceled which the system could do if the VIN is reissued too many times (but he wouldn't say how many).”

However, Tesla has been known to change this policy. Good luck!

Second rejection....you lose deposit and go back of line.
Not true.
DO NOT ACCEPT A VEHICLE WICH HAS DEFECTS!! NEVER! RECORD THE DEFECTS AND DEMAND FOR THEM BEEING REPAIRED BEFORE YOU WILL ACCEPT THIS VEHICLE, OR YOU WILL WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE. IF THEY THREATEN YOU TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND TO KEEP YOUR MONEY THEN ASK THEM TO PUT THIS IN WRITING. THEY NEVER WILL, BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO DO SO.
DONT LET TESLA BULLY YOU INTO ANYTHING!! I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.
I just picked up my MY and this time it was perfect.