Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got phone call and e-mail from Tesla .... same old stuff ... soft of ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I just got the following voicemail from Tesla. My voicemail goes through a transcription service and they usually get most of it right. My formatting is for emphasis. Please bear with me as the following says a lot.
:
"Hi J. My name's XXXX. I'm reaching out to you on behalf of the delivery team here at Tesla. We just wanted to reach out to you to invite you to a new owner's workshop that we will be hosting here at the location in San Francisco on Venice and O'Farrell to help provide customers with more information about the features of the vehicles and giving you a bit of an idea of how they work and get you ready for delivery in December. We do anticipate to have an extremely high volume during that month and we'd love to get customers in early to get them prepared for delivery. We will be hosting our first one this upcoming Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 and it will last for about an hour, hour and a half, and there'll be a Q and A as well as an opportunity to buy accessories for the vehicle. I will also be following up with an email that has all of the details of this as well. If this interests you, we'd love to have you and get you signed up for one of these workshops. You can give this number a call back if you have any further questions xxx-xxx-xxxx. Have a good weekend.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I then got the following e-mail
:

Congratulations on joining the Tesla Family!
We’re pleased to invite you to our new Pre-Delivery Owner’s Workshop.

Explore what sets Tesla apart in technology and safety. Learn about the benefits of driving electric, including the most convenient ways to stay charged at home and with our Supercharging network across the world. Discover just how easy travel can be with Autopilot features that come standard on all vehicles and how they can enable your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane, with your supervision.

We will have Tesla Advisors onsite to help ensure your Tesla account is prepared, cover the basics of ownership and answer questions about life with the Tesla Ecosystem.
-Thursday November 14th, Thursday November 21st, Tuesday November 26th, Thursday December 5th
-5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Tesla San Francisco : 999 Van Ness Ave San Francisco, CA 94109
Space is limited so please RSVP by replying all to this email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first message drives home the point that December is 100% for real - for me and certainly all N. California buyers. This message also drives home the point that it will be a "high volume" experience, probably with barely enough time but to sign papers. Tesla clearly wants us to pick up our cars and go - if at all possible. We already know enough to have shelled out $$ to buy these things. Convince us of what? We've driven them!

Buying accessories? What - do they sell time shares in Maui as well?

Finally, one of the dates in the e-mail is December 5th - that suggests nothing earlier than the 2nd week in December. Now Tesla knows I ordered a LR AWD on Oct 11th - so they are targeting these e-mails. Tesla doesn't want us to walk away from the extended wait. But they only imply that extended wait. Wording is everything.

The fact that I got both a phone call and e-mail shows Tesla really wants us to hear something. They are trying to soften the waiting blow. Good or bad - it still means waiting a very long time.

Sorry people, I really want to buy a Tesla and will still wait. But I interpret all of this as one big long "string-along." Not only are they mass producing cars - but they are mass delivering them as well. Tesla will not just be honest and say, "I know you expected a lot sooner, but you're going to wait a lot longer and be rushed out the door when you finally take delivery."

I can just picture it: Elon Musk in a Santa suit throwing key cars at people in a huge parking lot! Grrr.

Hahah “long wait.” We waited almost 30 months for our Model 3. Sorry about the month wait, hope you can hold out! LMFAO
Right, but you knew going in it would be a long wait with an uncertain ETA. People who ordered in late September - mid October thought they would get their car in 2-4 weeks like the website said, and like everyone else has been the last 6-12 months.

Right, but you knew going in it would be a long wait with an uncertain ETA. People who ordered in late September - mid October thought they would get their car in 2-4 weeks like the website said, and like everyone else has been the last 6-12 months.

My wife and I also waited over 2 years to take delivery of our first Model 3. It was such an exceptional car we ordered a second one a few months later. When a car is this good it's not surprising it's in high demand! I don't have much sympathy for those complaining about having to wait - believe me, the car is more than worth it. Most people who want one can't even come up with the down payment.

There is still huge demand, even only counting those who have enough money/credit to buy one. There's a reason for that. It's actually a very compelling value. Would you prefer that they raise the price even more so they can build up thousands of inventory cars sitting on huge lots all around the country? All other carmakers do that. They mark them with a high MSRP and then you have to dicker with them to get a fair deal. Tesla prices their cars such that there is more demand than they can supply. That's what I call a good deal. If you don't like it, someone else will be glad to take your spot.

Deal with it.

They know how many they can make and they know how many are ordered in the US. They're going to wait until the last possible day to switch to us demand and fill the orders. If they switch too early they'll meet all us demand and have extra cars that'll never reach and miss their maximum sales. Looking at the 10 q overseas revenue is about equal to us revenue now, so the big switch should be half way through November, after which it would be difficult to get cars I time to Europe and Asia anyway. I expect massive US deliveries to start early December

Reactions: steveb944
Hi. I just got the following voicemail from Tesla. My voicemail goes through a transcription service and they usually get most of it right. My formatting is for emphasis. Please bear with me as the following says a lot.
:
"Hi J. My name's XXXX. I'm reaching out to you on behalf of the delivery team here at Tesla. We just wanted to reach out to you to invite you to a new owner's workshop that we will be hosting here at the location in San Francisco on Venice and O'Farrell to help provide customers with more information about the features of the vehicles and giving you a bit of an idea of how they work and get you ready for delivery in December. We do anticipate to have an extremely high volume during that month and we'd love to get customers in early to get them prepared for delivery. We will be hosting our first one this upcoming Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 and it will last for about an hour, hour and a half, and there'll be a Q and A as well as an opportunity to buy accessories for the vehicle. I will also be following up with an email that has all of the details of this as well. If this interests you, we'd love to have you and get you signed up for one of these workshops. You can give this number a call back if you have any further questions xxx-xxx-xxxx. Have a good weekend.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I then got the following e-mail
:

Congratulations on joining the Tesla Family!
We’re pleased to invite you to our new Pre-Delivery Owner’s Workshop.

Explore what sets Tesla apart in technology and safety. Learn about the benefits of driving electric, including the most convenient ways to stay charged at home and with our Supercharging network across the world. Discover just how easy travel can be with Autopilot features that come standard on all vehicles and how they can enable your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane, with your supervision.

We will have Tesla Advisors onsite to help ensure your Tesla account is prepared, cover the basics of ownership and answer questions about life with the Tesla Ecosystem.
-Thursday November 14th, Thursday November 21st, Tuesday November 26th, Thursday December 5th
-5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Tesla San Francisco : 999 Van Ness Ave San Francisco, CA 94109
Space is limited so please RSVP by replying all to this email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first message drives home the point that December is 100% for real - for me and certainly all N. California buyers. This message also drives home the point that it will be a "high volume" experience, probably with barely enough time but to sign papers. Tesla clearly wants us to pick up our cars and go - if at all possible. We already know enough to have shelled out $$ to buy these things. Convince us of what? We've driven them!

Buying accessories? What - do they sell time shares in Maui as well?

Finally, one of the dates in the e-mail is December 5th - that suggests nothing earlier than the 2nd week in December. Now Tesla knows I ordered a LR AWD on Oct 11th - so they are targeting these e-mails. Tesla doesn't want us to walk away from the extended wait. But they only imply that extended wait. Wording is everything.

The fact that I got both a phone call and e-mail shows Tesla really wants us to hear something. They are trying to soften the waiting blow. Good or bad - it still means waiting a very long time.

Sorry people, I really want to buy a Tesla and will still wait. But I interpret all of this as one big long "string-along." Not only are they mass producing cars - but they are mass delivering them as well. Tesla will not just be honest and say, "I know you expected a lot sooner, but you're going to wait a lot longer and be rushed out the door when you finally take delivery."

I can just picture it: Elon Musk in a Santa suit throwing key cars at people in a huge parking lot! Grrr.

Wow, Q4's going to be a barn buster on deliveries. Sorry, this is good news (and smart actually).

In Apr 2018, I heard a 15 min speil and was handed keys. Then I wrote many posts here about lack of training and how the human-machine interface is not a simple transition... I loved that explore and tinker on my own approach, but many probably do not.

Go to the Workshop, I wish I had that. For 90 min, that's great! I once pushed for a simple Web simulator. I still cancel autopilot incorrectly by putting it in reverse, lol.

So I received an email about a week ago and it sounds as if to me they are just trying to keep us occupied. They are behind on building cars for NA so I kind of doubt we will get them in December. If we do it will be a lot of them and Tesla doesn't have time to show us all of it. I just want my car to be honest. I have called and checked for my VIN everyday. After calling once then talking to a rep. I got this email soon after.

Hello!

Congratulations on your Tesla order and welcome to the Tesla family! Soon, you will be assigned a VIN of a vehicle at our factory in Fremont, and your car will make its way to Tennessee for your delivery by the end of 2019.

While waiting for your vehicle to be built, we will schedule your pre-delivery orientation here at our Tesla location available every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday through the end of December.

These orientations are your opportunity to learn how to drive your new Tesla and our best opportunity to support you before our peak delivery days. If you are unable to attend one of these appointments, or feel you would like additional time going over your vehicle, we will be hosting additional orientations in January 2020 as well (dates and time TBD).

We have created these orientations in response to customer feedback and as a way to give you the most time possible to learn with us as you await your transition to a Tesla. Your pickup appointment on delivery day will be about 10 minutes or less.

• Informative
Reactions: steveb944
So I received an email about a week ago and it sounds as if to me they are just trying to keep us occupied. They are behind on building cars for NA so I kind of doubt we will get them in December. If we do it will be a lot of them and Tesla doesn't have time to show us all of it. I just want my car to be honest. I have called and checked for my VIN

Please supply links/citations to support this. Thus far, there is nothing to indicate Tesla is behind in production. In fact, the opposite is true.

BTW, if this was even remotely factual, it would be widely reported and the stock would tank.

Telsa has pretty much always followed the pattern of first month of quarter focus is on producing cars for overseas (which use to just mean Europe, but now China too for the short term) due to the long delivery times via ship, then US from East Coast working westward and Canada too. With so many more markets opened in this past year, I'd guess the new markets being outside of the US will fall into the first and second month likely. California has been shipped last month for the majority of new owners. And TMC members have noticed more expensive models/trims seem to get out first. Really nothing new in how production works, more cars produced but more countries delivered to now. Orders in the US just are easier time-frame wise to get delivered in the last month.

I think the new owner workshops sounds like a nice idea for newbies to Tesla. When we were new owners back in 2017 we signed up for a few events and for the most part found them interesting and worth our time. Helpful if you had questions. Back then they generally included some beverage and food items. One event had a raffle and we won a weekend use of a Model S or X. Not sure what they are doing now in the workshops but getting to ask them any questions you have about how the delivery process is going to work, having the opportunity to maybe pick up adapters for charging, all-weather floor mats, etc. sounds like a great time-saver for those who haven't ordered accessories for their car yet. So many posts on here about anxious people waiting for their cars and frustrated about not getting much in the way of direct contact with Tesla prior to delivery. Why does it frequently sound like people are putting down Tesla for what they are trying to do? With production increasing each quarter, end of quarter has become an extremely busy few weeks for the company and employees from all over the company will volunteer to help with deliveries. No different than in the past few quarters.

Last edited:
As for OP complaining about ordering in early October and getting scheduled for delivery in December, well being in California is nothing new for this scheduling pattern. Ordered our MS 12/31 and got it in March. Ordered my Model 3 at end of June and got it mid-September. And we had delivery within the time frame given us each time.

As for OP complaining about ordering in early October and getting scheduled for delivery in December, well being in California is nothing new for this scheduling pattern. Ordered our MS 12/31 and got it in March. Ordered my Model 3 at end of June and got it mid-September. And we had delivery within the time frame given us each time.

Actually, from the original date of my 10/11 order - to a time within the last 3 or 4 days, I have always been quoted 2-3 weeks on my order page. Delivery times on the actual website have given either “2 weeks” or “2-3 weeks” pretty close to the end of October. I am by far not the only person ordering that has been given prompt delivery estimates that were totally untrue.

We are not “early adopters”. We did not place orders expecting 2-3 month deliveries, but instead 2-3 weeks. The fact is that we have been jerked around and given every delay tactic that Tesla could come up with. IMO, these latest “owner workshops” are just another phase in these delay tactics.

Sorry, but we have the right to share information and gripe.