Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD AND FUSC Transfer Offer this Quarter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the "after delivery" refers to the "reverse the purchase," not to the "cancel" part. That "or" in between implies, to me, cancel before purchase or reverse the purchase after delivery... I am hoping not to find out exactly what is meant!

For now, I've done the FUSC charger through the app, and I have *not* submitted the form for the FSD transfer. Since I don't have a VIN, let alone an EDD yet, my thinking is that if I need to cancel the order, at least that will be one less thing to roll back. But, fingers crossed that I get a VIN and EDD and actual delivery prior to 3/31/24.
ambiguity favors the party that did not write the contract, ie the buyers. The "cancel or reverse" relates to the purchase of the vehicle AFTER delivery. I specifically talked to the store about this language and they told me not to worry and only in effect if i take delivery

Mine was almost instant. FSD and charging over to new car by the time I was home. Check the screen or your account. It will show the charging and FSD on the new car. The old one will go back to having to pay or subscribe for FSD.
Did your old car lose its access to FSD Beta? We sold our old S about 2 weeks after taking delivery of the new Y & it still had functioning FSD Beta when the new owner took it home. He knew that it has only basic autopilot & we did a factory reset as part of the sale process so perhaps after that he wouldn’t be allowed to activate FSD Beta again, but we were able to use FSD Beta on both cars after delivery of the new Y which came with FSD Beta installed before we left the Service Center.
Did your car go back to basic auto pilot or EAP?
It should go back to basic autopilot.

Did your old car lose its access to FSD Beta? We sold our old S about 2 weeks after taking delivery of the new Y & it still had functioning FSD Beta when the new owner took it home. He knew that it has only basic autopilot & we did a factory reset as part of the sale process so perhaps after that he wouldn’t be allowed to activate FSD Beta again, but we were able to use FSD Beta on both cars after delivery of the new Y which came with FSD Beta installed before we left the Service Center.

It should go back to basic autopilot.
I'm not sure on that. I went to the upgrade screen and it had FSD for 12k or 200 per month. Neither is worth it for me. I like the autopilot as it stays in it's lane. FSD never gets the lanes right for me and I have to take to take over and look like an idiot driver.

Reactions: geordi
Exactly my thought after playing with a loaner that had FSD. The EAP / highway autopilot is what they got right, and the only place where it should be allowed anyway. Trying to let the car decide what lane to be in or navigate directions / merges / lane changes.... No thanks. It's too unstable and confused in what it thinks it should do.

Reactions: richmich15
First long road trip and the supercharging and FSD worked great. Have to say I miss the stocks and old steering wheel. The new one feels like plastic and I liked the Tesla logo on it. Glad it does have the horn back in the middle though. Also, I hate the blinkers and FSD activation on the wheel. The stocks were so much more simple. Had to do one 3 point turn and it was so much more simple before. Using the screen for some things and then the wheel buttons for others is annoying. Even miss the skip tracks from the old wheel as the wheel will pause my music half the time instead of skip.

But, the suspension is way smoother, and I had a Raven before. Hopefully the half shafts hold as I had to replace mine 4 times on the raven so far.

Got my VIN yesterday and signed FSD transfer agreement. EDD before March 31 so I should make the FSD transfer window. For those who want FSD transfer and have not received a VIN, I would suggest signing the FSD transfer agreement to get your transfer request on the record before March 31. Although Tesla has indicated FSD transfers after March 31 will be honored (on X but not on the Tesla website), I would rather have the agreement on record if the transfer is not accomplished by March 31.

Any drawbacks on holding off signing the FSD / FUSC transfer agreement until you see the car in person? We have a delivery date already scheduled, but wanted to make sure the car is acceptable (it's an inventory X), before we sign away the FSD/FUSC perks.
Especially for this situation where you know the car exists and hopefully where it is... I'd definitely hold off until the absolute last second.

Reactions: Old Biker