Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD AND FUSC Transfer Offer this Quarter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like how the documents and the fine print all refer to the new car's charging as "Free Supercharging" but not Free UNLIMITED Supercharging.

I feel like they are playing word games and it will be capped usage.
I am also ALWAYS skeptical. I have been told that the same supercharging status that you currently have, will be transferred to the new vehicle. I have a Nov 2016 Model S P100DL with the SC01 status (attached to VIN vs owner). Bought FSD when it was first available. I have dealt with many Tesla advisors over the years. Most will promise you the world and tell you what you want to hear. I would say most people on these forums are much more knowledgeable than the average advisor. Having said that, I do have an advisor that is knowledgeable and willing to research my questions that he does not have an answer for. I haven't finalized anything yet, but I definitely plan on reading the fine print. Considering transfer to Model X Plaid.

Could someone please upload those 2 transfer forms?

Reactions: geordi
I don't like how the documents and the fine print all refer to the new car's charging as "Free Supercharging" but not Free UNLIMITED Supercharging.

I feel like they are playing word games and it will be capped usage.

I am also ALWAYS skeptical. I have been told that the same supercharging status that you currently have, will be transferred to the new vehicle. I have a Nov 2016 Model S P100DL with the SC01 status (attached to VIN vs owner). Bought FSD when it was first available. I have dealt with many Tesla advisors over the years. Most will promise you the world and tell you what you want to hear. I would say most people on these forums are much more knowledgeable than the average advisor. Having said that, I do have an advisor that is knowledgeable and willing to research my questions that he does not have an answer for. I haven't finalized anything yet, but I definitely plan on reading the fine print. Considering transfer to Model X Plaid.

Could someone please upload those 2 transfer forms?
Please see post #34 for transfer forms.

Reactions: BuffNerd
Thank you NV Ray. After reading, I am a bit concerned. It seems SC01 status would not transfer over like I have been told. It would be converted to SC05 if going by the language in the transfer form.
Yup. But SC05 cars are eligible for this promotion too. So you just lose out on not being able to transfer this to a different owner if you plan to sell in the future.

Reactions: BuffNerd
Is there documentation that they're sending all that data through celular? I've mainly read that the data is sent through wifi only.
Where have you read that? The telematics are entirely cellular, the only use of wifi is for software updates unless you don't have any wifi points saved and never go to a supercharger - then after a certain amount of time it will download it over the cellular instead.

Source: My own cars which I do not connect to my home wifi, 3 of them have free connectivity and the fourth doesn't. ALL are still sending gobs of data and you can use Tessie / etc with any of them at any time.

Where have you read that? The telematics are entirely cellular, the only use of wifi is for software updates unless you don't have any wifi points saved and never go to a supercharger - then after a certain amount of time it will download it over the cellular instead.

Source: My own cars which I do not connect to my home wifi, 3 of them have free connectivity and the fourth doesn't. ALL are still sending gobs of data and you can use Tessie / etc with any of them at any time.
How do you know they’re “sending gobs of data”?