Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD AND FUSC Transfer Offer this Quarter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you transfer FUSC and FSD from separate vehicles to 1 new Tesla? So we have each feature but not currently on same car.
See post 72 above on this page for your answer.

Does anyone have clarity on if Hardware 1.0 vehicle being eligible for this? We paid the $5000 for the Enhanced Autopilot back in June of 2016 and they came out with FSD later than year I believe. I would think Telsa should honor this transfer for Hardware 1.0 cars.

Because FSD wasn't available in early 2016 but we paid for the state of the art that was available then. It just seems to me that Telsa should honor that.
I had an AP1 car too, so I understand that you bought what was state of the art at the time, but you didn't buy FSD. You paid a lot less for AP1 than FSD. And your car doesn't have the needed hardware to do more than AP1.

In PA was thinking about trading M3 AWD FSD for New M3 AWD custom order from factory. Estimated delivery April.
Trade in for 2019 excellent condition low okay. Was told I couldn’t trade the FSD to the new vehicle. Strict deadline of Mar 31st.
Too bad no sale. I guess the margin on sales is more important than selling new units right now.

I just traded Model S (2019) with FSD and FUSC to Model X in Dec 2023. I also traded my Model Y with FSD to Model S Plaid last month (Jan 2024). At time Tesla only offered FUSC only. I could have got both cars with FSD. It does not seem to be fair to the customers who took the initial FUSC offer recently. Feel like I was betrayed by Tesla.. : (

When I placed the order last week, the EDD was Feb to Mar, but now updated to be Mar to April.
I emailed a sales at the local store, and got replied I won't get the free transfer after April 1...
Fingers crossed...
So, on or after 4/1, can you still just cancel the reservation and have FSD/FUSC stay with the old vehicle? I don't even have a VIN or date beyond "Feb-March," and I'm concerned about that slipping...

So, on or after 4/1, can you still just cancel the reservation and have FSD/FUSC stay with the old vehicle? I don't even have a VIN or date beyond "Feb-March," and I'm concerned about that slipping...
I wouldn't trust them AT ALL to not still strip the FUSC even as their delivery windows are unmet... This is how desperate they are to get the truly transferable UNLIMITED supercharging off the market, and turn it into free-but-not-unlimited-because-we-decide-what-seems-reasonable supercharging.

I believe it is possible to cancel the reservation after April 1 if the car still can't be delivered, just to keep the FSD in my old car. The only thing is the $250 order fee is gone.

Per the agreement signed it does specifically mentioned after new vehicle is delivered, so unless a new vehicle is delivered it shouldn't process any transfer.

The forfeiture of FSD Capability on your current vehicle cannot be reversed after you accept this
Agreement, even in the event that the new vehicle is deemed a total loss or you cancel or reverse
the purchase of your new vehicle after delivery. In such an event, FSD capability’s value will be
assessed at its original purchase price unless mandated otherwise by law.

When I placed the order last week, the EDD was Feb to Mar, but now updated to be Mar to April.
I emailed a sales at the local store, and got replied I won't get the free transfer after April 1...
Fingers crossed...
Does your EDD still say Mar to April? I ordered on 2/17 and my EDD still says Feb to Mar. Hopefully I can get an EDD before the end of March. I'm transferring FSD and FUSC.

I just traded Model S (2019) with FSD and FUSC to Model X in Dec 2023. I also traded my Model Y with FSD to Model S Plaid last month (Jan 2024). At time Tesla only offered FUSC only. I could have got both cars with FSD. It does not seem to be fair to the customers who took the initial FUSC offer recently. Feel like I was betrayed by Tesla.. : (
You chose when to make your purchase. No one forced you to purchase at that time. Something motivated you to buy when you did. Unfortunately things changed shortly after you made your purchases. That happened to me in 2016 when I bought my first S. There were rumors about AP2, but nothing really known. I asked about that before ordering my car & was told unequivocally that there would be no changes that year to the AP hardware. Then 2 months after my delivery AP2 began to be included in new cars. It was frustrating, but there was nothing I could do.

people tend to forget that Tesla is notorious for screwing their loyal and early adopters...in Q4 they might even do a sweeter deal considering they're not moving much since Q4 which led them to pull FSUC and FSD in Q1

Per the agreement signed it does specifically mentioned after new vehicle is delivered, so unless a new vehicle is delivered it shouldn't process any transfer.

The forfeiture of FSD Capability on your current vehicle cannot be reversed after you accept this
Agreement, even in the event that the new vehicle is deemed a total loss or you cancel or reverse
the purchase of your new vehicle after delivery. In such an event, FSD capability’s value will be
assessed at its original purchase price unless mandated otherwise by law.
I am reading this differently to you, I think. "The forfeiture [...] cannot be reversed after you accept this Agreement, even in the event [...] you cancel or reverse the purchase of your new vehicle [...]" -- to me, that means if you cancel you will forfeit FSD on your current vehicle.

I am reading this differently to you, I think. "The forfeiture [...] cannot be reversed after you accept this Agreement, even in the event [...] you cancel or reverse the purchase of your new vehicle [...]" -- to me, that means if you cancel you will forfeit FSD on your current vehicle.
It does say after delivery in that sentence, but there is a good reason why I am not a lawyer 😁

Reactions: TMSfanatic
It does say after delivery in that sentence, but there is a good reason why I am not a lawyer 😁
I think the "after delivery" refers to the "reverse the purchase," not to the "cancel" part. That "or" in between implies, to me, cancel before purchase or reverse the purchase after delivery... I am hoping not to find out exactly what is meant!

For now, I've done the FUSC charger through the app, and I have *not* submitted the form for the FSD transfer. Since I don't have a VIN, let alone an EDD yet, my thinking is that if I need to cancel the order, at least that will be one less thing to roll back. But, fingers crossed that I get a VIN and EDD and actual delivery prior to 3/31/24.

Reactions: dailo