Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum Members Unhappy Over Wait for P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well ... another day goes by and no new information from Tesla.
Yup. That means they don't know the answer yet.

This is getting ridiculous
Well, I can see that it's frustrating. Why is it ridiculous? They don't have anything to say. Why people haven't gotten their cars yet is really none of your business. Perhaps it's because Elon is not happy with the unannounced submersible hardware. Shhhhh!

...especially in the light of the fact that Tesla still promising December deliveries for people who order tonight. Of course, we all know (and they know) that they are lying through their teeth.
We don't know any such thing. All we know is that we're not aware of them delivering any P85Ds yet, and that they have told some people who expected deliveries between the beginning of the month and today that their deliveries are delayed.

Tesla is deliberately setting unattainable expectations. Why on earth would they still promise December deliveries for people ordering today when they can't even tell people who ordered on the eve of the announcement when they'll get their cars?
Because one has nothing to do with the other, and because they are planning on December delivery for people ordering today?

They are well into the deceptive/dishonest marketing zone now.
No, they're not. I agree that we will have been if they don't deliver in December. Meanwhile, you might want to calm down a bit and stop throwing around the accusations until you have some clear evidence.

I have a worse story. I was in line to buy an Eclipse Aviation jet (very cheap 4 seater jet), and not only did they delay, they went bankrupt in 2008. At least no worries of that for Tesla. They will deliver a car.

First-worldliest problem EVER. :)

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness though, it'd be a nice favor if Osama and wk could chill. I want to hang in this thread to see if anyone figures out what the holdup is/was. That said, between these two talking about cancelling, 12V batteries dying all over the place, a 150+ msg thread reminding me that nobody's sure how those $175/hr labor rates and unknown parts prices will look after 50,000 miles, and another 600 threads about how I'm going to be dropping $1000/yr on tires for a camber I can't fix, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a little apprehensive about dropping twice what I've ever spent on a car for my upcoming P85D :\

Well ... another day goes by and no new information from Tesla. This is getting ridiculous especially in the light of the fact that Tesla still promising December deliveries for people who order tonight. Of course, we all know (and they know) that they are lying through their teeth. Tesla is deliberately setting unattainable expectations. Why on earth would they still promise December deliveries for people ordering today when they can't even tell people who ordered on the eve of the announcement when they'll get their cars?

They are well into the deceptive/dishonest marketing zone now. No excuse for that (new company or old).

View attachment 65517

Wow. Lying? Weasel words? You should really just walk away from the car. I doubt they can make you happy. There is likely simply a delay in production and your car is late. It happens.

Tracking P85D delivery thread

I am calm. I have two friend who ordered 3 weeks ago that have been told to expect their cars in January. I am not making this up. It is coming from Tesla. In fact, I was told that I shouldn't expect my cars before Dec 26th at the earliest (but it could be later). I will be on vacation by then so it will be January for me.

Being realistic and calm are not mutually exclusive. It seems that being a fanboy and realistic are.

It **is** deceptive marketing when you are telling your current customers that their cars will be delivered in January while advertising December deliveries to unsuspecting new customers. There is no two ways about it. You have to be blind and deaf not to see it.

So every company that had even announced a product that they thought they could deliver by a certain date is lying through their teeth if they miss the target. Delays in production or development can't possibly be the reason?

For what it's worth I have ordered many cars and I also own a marketing agency working with ICE dealers and manufacturers.
I know of no other company that shows you online the progress of your car, or calls you to advise you about what is still a slight delay. My car was supposed to be delivered by the 22nd. In the regular dealer world you would never have an actual date like that on a factory order. If ours cars are a few weeks late will I be disappointed? Absolutely. But someone taught me a long time ago that nothing is good or bad until it's compared to something. Please tell me about a company or car that is better so that I can compare.

Let's look at this objectively. Advertising on the Canadian site that if ordered today to expect December delivery is either they don't update the site or downright bait. Some of us who ordered two months ago are still in the queue.
It is commendable that any problems are being addressed at the source but the lack of any communication is currently leaving a bad taste in my mouth as the paying customer. This is not a trivial purchase from Walmart.

They have *missed* their target. Past tense. That is a fact now. They are telling existing orders that they won't get their cars in December. Why does the website still say December?
Selling December deliveries while telling existing orders that they will get their cars in January **IS** lying. Am I the only one who can comprehend simple logic here?

Your delivery has been delayed and, understandably, you're upset. Message received, again and again. And again. And...enough, already. Give it a rest, please.

I sympathize, but I'd also like to be able to turn to this thread for its intended purpose: hard data about P85D production and deliveries, and related info. Lately, it's become a b****fest. Why don't you start a new thread for the other stuff? Or risk the mods doing it for you...

They have *missed* their target. Past tense. That is a fact now. They are telling existing orders that they won't get their cars in December. Why does the website still say December?
Selling December deliveries while telling existing orders that they will get their cars in January **IS** lying. Am I the only one who can comprehend simple logic here?

Ok, we all get that Tesla isn't good at communications when it comes to issues; and just maybe the website missed an update because there's a whole bunch of time and attention diverted to getting you your car as soon as possible? But let's not throw accusations and insults around any more.

This is not rocket science. We are in the 21st century.
There is no excuse for Tesla's behavior.

Agree that the lack of communication has been annoying. But really the only thing we can fault Tesla for as of right now is being overly optimistic with the initial delivery dates last week. If they hadn't scheduled some delivery dates last week, this thread would be 40 pages shorter. There are still several weeks to go before they actually miss their original "December delivery" estimate. Next time they launch something new (Model X, etc.,) they probably won't give any delivery dates until the cars are literally ready for delivery.

If you are looking for updates on delivery you expect: Crickets Crickets Crickets Crickets Crickets Crickets :biggrin:

I like Osama! Partly because he says many things I'm thinking without having to piss anyone off myself. The other part is because I'd like to fly his TBM.

just bought into a King Air... Needed the additional seats and the wife needed the extra spinning windmill.

I am way more mellow than you think. I just HATE poor customer service. It drives me crazy an the older I get the more the more I hate it.
Tesla is very unique in their poor customer service in the $100,000+ items that I buy. I can't say that I've ever bought anything over $100K and been treated this poorly.

Put it this way. Not only you bought the best car in the world, the Model S has also no CO2 emissions. This means that you are doing a good thing for the planet where we live.

Now is it worth to wait some more time to get the Model S?

I went to the factory today for a tour.they Have not delivered any P85D according to those that are working there.they are making sure they leave the factory perfect.I also test road in a D,everyone needs to calm down and realize when you do get your car you will be very happy.its well worth the wait.neck snapping of the line.I will be happy when mine makes it to the east coast whenever that happens.I was very impressed and further satisfied with the decision to buy P85D.