Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum Members Unhappy Over Wait for P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm... if a car has almost 700hp, would you want one that was built quickly, or built correctly?

This reply (more or less selected at random from many other similar ones) misses the primary point of osama's rant. He is not so much objecting to the delay itself, but to the lack of information about the delay. He's not so much arguing that he should be provided the car on the promised date with bugs as that he should be able to expect clear communications about the status and projected resolution.

Nail. Head. I'm amazed how many gloss over that and go immediately to attacking the OP. Tesla's (lack of) communication is the core issue here, and the OP (although far more vocal), isn't alone in his feelings on the matter.

And the title of this thread should be "Forum Members Unhappy over lack of Communication". Notice the plural in Members.

Agreed, and done.

When I read what I read, it was in scattered un-ordered quotes by random people responding to osama, his Original Post was "deleted". I apologize, I merely didn't have all the info.

He deleted his original post and a large number of posts in this thread this morning (which would not be visible to you). Hence the confusing conversation ...

He deleted his original post and a large number of posts in this thread this morning (which would not be visible to you). Hence the confusing conversation ...

I use one forum where members can't edit their posts at all. We can't even correct typos.

I am by no means suggesting TMC go that far, but if members are going to abuse our ability to "edit" posts and use that ability to confuse and discourage the actual communication taking place here, I would have no problem whatsoever with the moderators instituting some sort of restrictions or limitations on our ability to edit. It could be done on a case by case basis, on a "number of characters removed" basis, or on something that someone smarter than me can come up with. But this is now twice in about twelve hours (that I know of) that forum members have used the ability to edit their own posts to completely obfuscate what's going on. I'm sure that's not what the "edit" button was intended for.

Osama's been pretty quiet today...hope the poor guy survived the night heart attack free!

It looks like he deleted all posts, as well as the lines for his car on the google docs spreadsheet. I suspect he cancelled his orders and will not return.

LOL I was just thinking that he blew up one day too early... oh well, too bad for him!

Can we please not pile on individuals, especially those not able to muster a defense for themselves? It's punching down. It's also irrelevant to the delivery thread again.

You're absolutely right. My sincere apologies to Osama and for not keeping true to the intent of the thread (posting something useful about P85D deliveries).

To correct that immediately, here is an update: I just spoke to the Corte Madera store and they said their P85D is now at their store! I'll try to stop by this afternoon to check it out.

I use one forum where members can't edit their posts at all. We can't even correct typos.

I am by no means suggesting TMC go that far, but if members are going to abuse our ability to "edit" posts and use that ability to confuse and discourage the actual communication taking place here, I would have no problem whatsoever with the moderators instituting some sort of restrictions or limitations on our ability to edit. It could be done on a case by case basis, on a "number of characters removed" basis, or on something that someone smarter than me can come up with. But this is now twice in about twelve hours (that I know of) that forum members have used the ability to edit their own posts to completely obfuscate what's going on. I'm sure that's not what the "edit" button was intended for.

I agree. If the Forum owns all the rights to the posts in here, it should be able to lock posts after a specified amount of time after posting. This allows the OP to edit for grammar/typos etc., but not to retroactively go back in time and delete prior posts. I have been on another forum that has just that ability, and it really is quite transparent to the normal user.

Osama's been pretty quiet today...hope the poor guy survived the night heart attack free!

It looks like he deleted all posts, as well as the lines for his car on the google docs spreadsheet. I suspect he cancelled his orders and will not return.

I suspect he has never even ordered one. Just an opportunist came here to join the bashing party.