Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fogging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emailed Tesla, they confirmed that the cargo net isn't standard.

I'm not happy about this... Talk about nickel and diming!

They also said they would forward my picture to the service center. Dunno what that's gonna do, I'll just go there myself.

Emailed Tesla, they confirmed that the cargo net isn't standard.

I'm not happy about this... Talk about nickel and diming!

They also said they would forward my picture to the service center. Dunno what that's gonna do, I'll just go there myself.

Uhh my Sig came with the front net installed, I didn't ever ask for it I just assumed it was standard. YMMV I guess.....

Last night I cleaned my windows inside and out w/ windex then put rainx on the outside & rainx anti-fog on the inside. Seems pretty awesome now. Cleaning the windows well before and wiping them thoroughly after applying rainx seems to be the key to it working good.

I breathed 'heavily' on one of the interior windows to try and fog it but it wouldn't :smile:

I'll really see how it works on Friday when I have my two 'steamy' dogs in the car on Friday ( for 6+ hours!)

I was pretty excited about this solution until I searched it and saw the Amazon reviews for this product. Looks like most people are unhappy with the results and say it makes the windshield looks permanently foggy. Sounds like we have one local report of success here, have others tries this product with the MS? Anyone else able to share results? I'm scared to try this given the amount of negativity on Amazon.

I still think a lot of this has to do with offgassing from the manufacturing process. Particles adhere to the glass and serve as condensation nuclei for water droplets (fogging). That's why many are reporting improvement after cleaning the windows.

Sound like a reasonable conclusion. But aren't some drivers noticing measurable differences in airflow when comparing driver side to passenger side? That seems like the issue. Otherwise offgassing would be a bilateral problem for the windows.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Sound like a reasonable conclusion. But aren't some drivers noticing measurable differences in airflow when comparing driver side to passenger side? That seems like the issue. Otherwise offgassing would be a bilateral problem for the windows.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Yes, that could certainly be contributing. Don't have my car yet so can't participate in that discussion.

RainX anti fog is one of those products where less is more. And you buff it back off. Most people try to apply it as a coat.

When not applied properly it pretty much looks exactly like the problem people are having with the model s now.