Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have experience installing fog lights on model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased a 2017 MS 75 and I noticed it did not come with fog lights and the chrome trim next to the fog lights.
Does anyone have experience installing Model S fog lights? If so is it a plug-and-play install replacing what I have?
I know that Tesla will not activate the foglight toggle switch on the screen, and the lights will turn on with headlights however, I still think fog lights are so cool, with the Molding chrome trim.
model s.png

Just purchased a 2017 MS 75 and I noticed it did not come with fog lights and the chrome trim next to the fog lights.
Does anyone have experience installing Model S fog lights? If so is it a plug-and-play install replacing what I have?
I know that Tesla will not activate the foglight toggle switch on the screen, and the lights will turn on with headlights however, I still think fog lights are so cool, with the Molding chrome trim. View attachment 940668
I sent you a dm. I did it successful

I'm wanting to do this, besides buying the fog light assembly with an actual fog light, do I need to buy anything else? Is there cabling required? I know I saw a ballast with a plug, but not sure if the assembly comes with wiring?

I'm wanting to do this, besides buying the fog light assembly with an actual fog light, do I need to buy anything else? Is there cabling required? I know I saw a ballast with a plug, but not sure if the assembly comes with wiring?
I am going to try to do this this weekend. I'm surprised that I can't find much about installing fog lights anywhere.

I have done this and the result is they have no functioning, Tesla service have to enable via Toolbox (or possibly one can via root access). And they no longer support this, at least not in EU, although there is dedicated service bulletin for the installation- SB-15-17-008 (it was made for retrofitting as some of the car’s left the assembly without lights back then). There is also two type of wiring used on model S, one I believe is for EU car’s and one is for North America. Here are the photos:
NA version?
357F12E7-9030-46BD-9F83-AC8B1C2F9D78.jpeg

EU version (on my car, 2016/01)
47F4AE9F-D95D-4944-971D-59D76E9B650C.jpeg

Last edited:
Only got cornering lights to light up, fog lights will not turn on and Tesla SC won't enable the feature. I'll probably just hardwire a +12V to a relay on the parking light cable and run the relay's ground wire inside to put a discrete switch in case I want to turn them off.