Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 OEM fog light beam pattern

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a good picture showing the beam pattern of the OEM fog lights compared to the low beams? For example, a picture with just low beams showing the beam pattern on the ground (as a reference) and a 2nd picture with low beams and fogs?

I've found this post that shows just the fogs on but I can't tell how wide the light spread is vs the headlights.

My 2023 RWD with no fog lights seems to have a very narrow headlight beam pattern which makes it difficult to see around sharp turns in the dark (like 90° turns onto cross streets or twisty mountain roads). I'm hoping the OEM fog lights have a much wider beam pattern than the headlight.

My previous MINI had cornering lights that would come on with the blinker or automatically during low speed turns and my wife's Subaru has headlights that turn with the steering wheel. Maybe I've been spoiled but besides being stupid bright, I'm a bit disappointed with the Model 3's lights. I'm hoping to either retrofit the OEM fog lights or possibly an aftermarket SAE fog light in my empty fog housing.

I noticed the same about the narrow beams. My 2015 GTI had the lighting package, and the automatic side lighting for turns plus the active beam redirection makes a tremendous difference in visibility.

I'm always afraid there is going to be a cat or something that I don't see with these narrow lights. Tempted to see if headlight calibration can get me a wider field of view, but I'm hesitant to change factory angle settings.

On the plus side, I heard the Highland update will come with adaptive beams, so maybe they'll bring that feature back to previous years with the matrix lights.