Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Windows Fogging Up and HVAC System Performance Test Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I’ve been experiencing an issue with my Tesla where the windows suddenly fog up, even with the air conditioning turned on. Despite various attempts to defog them, the problem persists. In an effort to diagnose the issue, I entered the Tesla service mode and conducted an HVAC System Performance Test. Unfortunately, the test did not complete successfully, and I received the following message: “Test failed with status NOT_RUNNING_INTERRUPTED. Retry.”

I’m uncertain about the meaning of this message and whether it’s related to the fogging issue. Does anyone have insights into what “NOT_RUNNING_INTERRUPTED” indicates and potential steps to resolve both the HVAC test failure and the fogging problem? Any guidance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I recently brought our Model Y in for service (to diagnose a whining noise), and one of the things they did was run an HVAC test in Service Mode while I was in the car. I recall that during part of the test the tech had to take some non-obvious action to allow the test to proceed, but I don’t recall exactly what he did. Maybe your test required the same secret handshake and didn’t complete without it.