Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have to say, the car does look a little like the Batmobile! Wonder if it feels like you're driving the Batmobile? :biggrin:

Henrik Fisker: "The center of gravity of this car is lower than any other car in the world."

Ha! Only until the Model S comes out Henrik old buddy.

Notice that the rear passenger windows roll all the way down, unlike the Model S. But to do that, they had to basically lop off the back part of the window for it to fit inside the door.

Thanks for mentioning my post. It is a fabulously gorgeous car but has a bit to go in getting it right. What I didn't mention in my post was the audible appearance of an irritating electrical humm - w/the radio off. Again the salesman, "This is just a prototype and it's been driven hard." Um not with 5400 miles. That is just warming up for most cars. Wouldn't your test drive cars be some of the best? It is supposed to be a sales tool. The rest of the car just is not as good as the exterior... yet.

Thanks for mentioning my post. It is a fabulously gorgeous car but has a bit to go in getting it right. What I didn't mention in my post was the audible appearance of an irritating electrical humm - w/the radio off. Again the salesman, "This is just a prototype and it's been driven hard." Um not with 5400 miles. That is just warming up for most cars. Wouldn't your test drive cars be some of the best? It is supposed to be a sales tool. The rest of the car just is not as good as the exterior... yet.

Welcome to the forum. Checked out your web page, I would be interested from an interior designer perspective, your opinion of Tesla's interior. There are several threads that mention the state of the interior, please consider posting in one of them.

2012 Fisker Karma: 20 MPG On Gasoline, 32-Mi Electric Range

I'm not that familiar with MPG values, but 11,6 L/100km is a gas guzzler. And with 32 miles electric range (that's 50km), many commuters will have to charge at work to do the round trip in "stealth mode". EPA ratings are to compare different cars, it is irrelevant if you can get 50 miles with careful driving...

Last edited:

Even the most optomistic case of 50 miles on electricity is nothing to write home about given the Karma has a substantial 20 kW/h battery pack. The Leaf does much, much better than that on a similar sized pack, and the Roadster even better than the Leaf. 20 MPG on gasoline??? The Karma is definately not the reason why Fisker got a massive DOE loan.

Amazing, but not surprising. Still think the "no compromise" (on design) path is right? Folks I've pinged with orders and some that I saw on FB are admitting they were all about the design, but sheesh, this is ridiculous.

Doesn't the volt go farther on the battery and have better mpg? Please tell me the karmas 0-60 is at least better than the volts, otherwise, what a massive waste. I'm ashamed that this car is getting so much attention and damaging the credibility of the "movement".

I never thought it was visually appealing and was irritated over what was essentially a hybrid being touted as an EV ... I'm sure there is some furious rework of ad campaigns going on right now, because to continue in the same vein of what they had been advertising is just begging for negative publicity.

And I agree - I hope this doesn't sully the rest of the EV industry. It's better to under commit and over deliver.