Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Transcontinental Superchargers-only Road Trip: it's happening NOW!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished dinner with everyone who showed up for the historic event. This is really going to change people's attitudes.

Free cross country in the harshest conditions imaginable. Snow, wind, bitter cold. No problems. Proud to be an owner and a member of such and incredible community of like-minded individuals who want MORE for their planet and something better for the road.

+1! This was great, looking forward to making the trip in the future

Sure hope they make up for it when John hits Fremont but Jill won't be there. They could have made this a great pr piece, really missed a fantastic opportunity for positive pr in my opinion-father/daughter cross country trip for free...
Someone in the pr dept is asleep at the wheel and there is no nav to drive for them. Fubar

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Took ok these right when john and Jill arrived.

Omar Sultan posted on the Tesla Motors Facebook page under Recent Posts by Others. There is a photo of Jill, John and other Tesla owners who met them at Hawhorne. Only 3 likes so far.

I posted a comment:
"Congratulations Jill and John! It was thrilling reading your story as you made this historic journey. Thanks for sharing it."

It was a wonderful, positive story that brightened the week. Glad to have a Tesla for many reasons and people like these, the pioneers and the ones encouraging them and meeting them along the way make it really a special community.

- - - Updated - - -

Link to Omar's Facebook post is at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201842414036733

Elon retweeted PlugShare's tweet about John/Jill's accomplishment, and he also tweeted this: "Two teams from Tesla aiming to set a cross-country EV speed record this week. Departing Fri from LA, arriving Sun in NY."

And this: "Will be doing the LA-NY family road trip over Spring Break. Made everyone watch National Lampoon's Vacation as prep."

- - - Updated - - -

[grumpy grumble photographer nerd grumble...]

These are all nice-to-have pics documenting the pair's arrival at Hawthorne; but didn't anyone bring a real camera?

Elon retweeted PlugShare's tweet about John/Jill's accomplishment, and he also tweeted this: "Two teams from Tesla aiming to set a cross-country EV speed record this week. Departing Fri from LA, arriving Sun in NY."

And this: "Will be doing the LA-NY family road trip over Spring Break. Made everyone watch National Lampoon's Vacation as prep."

- - - Updated - - -

[grumpy grumble photographer nerd grumble...]

These are all nice-to-have pics documenting the pair's arrival at Hawthorne; but didn't anyone bring a real camera?

@TAM had a pretty nice non SLR camera. The press will likely have some photos up and posted.

I'm a huge fan of TechCrunch, but that article is crap. It's not even correct information. I replied with the statements that needed to be corrected in the comments but it was never updated.

Also Tesla gave J&J credit today on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152167092157801&set=a.398080447800.166146.18790602800&type=1&theater

I'm a huge fan of TechCrunch, but that article is crap. It's not even correct information. I replied with the statements that needed to be corrected in the comments but it was never updated.

Also Tesla gave J&J credit today on their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...98080447800.166146.18790602800&type=1&theater

It looks like they have now fixed at least two of the screwups about roadsters using superchargers and the total number of stations:

"This achievement now makes it possible to drive a Tesla Model S from LA to NYC, recharging the vehicles exclusively through Superchargers."
"Tesla’s website now brags there are 85 such charging stations across the lower 48 and part of Europe."

But I agree it's still not a stellar article. I completely don't understand the last line of the article: "Tesla, shut up and ship it."