Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, and based on leaked photos, they've removed ALL COLOR from the icons at the top of the touchscreen. It's all monochrome now (or likely will be when 8.0 is released). But I sure hope those photos were wrong (possibly "valet mode") or TM changed their minds.
Icons are in hypershift. They change colors depending on lighting and angle :D:eek::oops:

Did Elon post his 8.0 Blog yet? I cannot find it on Tesla Motors.... Hmmmmmm?...
:( I dont see it either. I'm saddened there isn't the best track record of achieving self-imposed deadlines, and that this has happened again with something simple like making a PRE-pre-announcement only when it's known they'll be able to deliver on it. Elon's Tweet didn't have to be made if the details were not ready, and unfortunately being late on even something more innocuous like this, does nothing to help instill confidence more important future objectives will come in on time.

I thought people who follow Elon would be aware by now that he doesn't always make his own deadlines. I find it useful to keep in mind that he is simultaneously running two ground-breaking high technology companies that are disrupting huge established industries in unprecedented ways that many experts thought impossible.

In contrast, most of the rest of us are concentrating on what to eat for our next meal and should we buy the next smartphone model or keep our old phone for another year.

So when you criticize Elon for being a day late on a blog post about Autopilot software that is far ahead of anything the competition is doing, keep that contrast in mind.

I thought people who follow Elon would be aware by now that he doesn't always make his own deadlines. I find it useful to keep in mind that he is simultaneously running two ground-breaking high technology companies that are disrupting huge established industries in unprecedented ways that many experts thought impossible.

In contrast, most of the rest of us are concentrating on what to eat for our next meal and should we buy the next smartphone model or keep our old phone for another year.

So when you criticize Elon for being a day late on a blog post about Autopilot software that is far ahead of anything the competition is doing, keep that contrast in mind.

Agree, but the point is that he shouldn't put a deadline out there if he's not going to make it. Just say "working on a blog post to go on the Tesla website within a few days" or something like that.

I usually agree with and enjoy your posts but I felt I had to respond because I feel you are sounding condescending in this case. Some of us here built very successful careers at very large companies at an executive level by putting in 16 hour days, 6 or 7 days a week. I don't think you should assume "most of the rest of us" are anything other than hard working people living relavent and productive lives. That kind of a "contrast" as you put it sounds somewhat demeaning. I' don't think you meant it to sound that way but that's how it came off to me.
Regarding Elon, I agree people need to give him some slack because updating a blog post on balance is not a big deal particularly for someone who might be overstretched.