Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a few weird Nav issues with the new firmware. I selected a destination from my previous searches and it tried to send me to a bogus location. I'm pretty sure it was trying to go to "East Main Street" instead of "West Main Street" even though it previously went to the correct location. When I did a new search instead of using my previous destinations, it found the location just fine.

I agree that the current implementation of the Blind Spot Detection is not that useful, as the white arc visual cue is not noticeable. I'd prefer:

1) Chime when you turn the turn signal on and there's a car in your blind spot on that side.
2) Different chime and vibrate when you start to move to the lane and there is a car there.

The chimes could be the same that are used for Park Distance: "Ding" and "Dong" for 1) and 2) above.

Just my two cents - you're not looking at the speedometer when you are thinking about changing lanes!

Haven't gone through this whole thread but has anyone else gotten an error code saying "Software Update Required, Please Contact Service Center"? I called Tesla and they say that it is a known bug and that a patch will follow. I reset my dashboard and it seems to be gone now. This was after updating to 6.2.

My car feels old now that I noticed that the tracker is grouping the VINs by the 10,000 instead of 1,000. All cars above 10,000 feel really new to me. I guess I'm not getting v6.2 before heading out for my road trip in a couple of hours.

Have 2.4.124 installed, and while driving today, after a couple of hour stop, got a yellow triangle warning that software update was required. No "clock" icon or software update notice after it went away in a couple of seconds.

Tried to do voice based bug report, but it no longer recognizes that voice command.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't gone through this whole thread but has anyone else gotten an error code saying "Software Update Required, Please Contact Service Center"? I called Tesla and they say that it is a known bug and that a patch will follow. I reset my dashboard and it seems to be gone now. This was after updating to 6.2.

YES... Just posted one about this. Good to know. Had to reboot as well to get some weird conditions to clear.

Holy crap... I almost missed an awesome part of the update.

My screen right now says:

Supercharging
40 mins remaining

!

2015-04-03 17.18.12.jpg

I agree that the current implementation of the Blind Spot Detection is not that useful, as the white arc visual cue is not noticeable. I'd prefer:

1) Chime when you turn the turn signal on and there's a car in your blind spot on that side.
2) Different chime and vibrate when you start to move to the lane and there is a car there.

The chimes could be the same that are used for Park Distance: "Ding" and "Dong" for 1) and 2) above.

Just my two cents - you're not looking at the speedometer when you are thinking about changing lanes!

yes! Much better implementation.... My wife's MBZ works much more like this... Really works.

Mine said this for the 2nd half hour through the 1 hour update. Then it went away.

I've had temps colder than 29F in my garage overnight, and if I complete my normal daily charging within 20-30 minutes of my departure I don't have a regen limit.

How long is a charge session for you and at what current do you charge at?

The most typical charge sessions are about three to four hours. I almost always charge at 56 amps. I generally try to have the charge sessions end somewhat close to when my wife is leaving, but tend to err on the conservative side, so they often end 30 minutes to an hour before she leaves.

Last edited:
Is the time remaing to 100% charge, or to what the trip planner says you need, or to what your charge limit is set at? I would hope it's not to 100%, that might suggest to the masses that they should stay there until they're charged to 100% even if they don't need it.

In that pic it is time to the SoC set point (in my case 90%). I didn't have a trip planned.