Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got .250. At this point, one would hope that the 6.2 branch is stable enough to make sure everyone that wants to catch up is caught up.

Obviously, with the suspension adjustment firmware, they have demonstrated how fast they could deploy new firmware. I'm wondering just how buggy/difficult it is to do even minor firmware updates at this point with many different revs of vehicles over time.

I think their firmware update process needs some work, honestly. The fact that sometimes an update will fail on a certain module without warning requiring service to re-flash, for example, is not a good thing. I'm guessing this issue and others like it add up quickly across all vehicles since some small % will have an issue every time they push an update.

When my parking sensor module was having issues the service tech had to try to reflash it several times before it took the update. The OTA said it was successful, but according to the logs it gave up when flashing the parking sensor module for some reason, but still said it was successful...

Since installing .250 my sunroof vent position is different. It barely opens at all. Is this a coincidence?

Same here with .249. I would characterize the behavior as broken. I notice that when I roll the roof from 0 to 12%, it barely budges, but when I roll it to 20% and then roll back to 12% it sometimes works correctly. Although this workaround is usable when in the car, the vent-from-phone-app functionality will be useless until they fix the bug. :-(

Same here with .249. I would characterize the behavior as broken. I notice that when I roll the roof from 0 to 12%, it barely budges, but when I roll it to 20% and then roll back to 12% it sometimes works correctly. Although this workaround is usable when in the car, the vent-from-phone-app functionality will be useless until they fix the bug. :-(

I just noticed this on my car when giving a demo earlier today from the app. It definitely was much more "vent-like" back on .239.

Since installing .250 my sunroof vent position is different. It barely opens at all. Is this a coincidence?

Earlier this spring, my roof wouldn't even open at all unless I pushed up on the rear section with my hand as I activated it on the touchscreen. Currently, it will barely open on "Vent", but if I open it up a bit, then close it back to the Vent position, it seems okay. It gives a real shudder as it opens past about the 20% point, kind of like it's sticking on the guides a bit.

I assumed it needed to be lubed and stopped by my service center to ask. A Tech came out to have a look, but just as I opened the roof, a torrential downpour ensued, so I had to quickly close it up. I'll have them look at it next time it's in.

Since installing .250 I've noticed that vampire drain is significantly lower. I lost only 2 miles in 19 hours since last charge.
I have noticed no change with .250. I will leave my car unconnected tonight to see if I can see improvement. Obviously reduction in system inefficiency from any source is a big deal, for me anyway, I prefer those improvements to features/functions if I must choose.

I would need a lot more data to conclusively state either way, but looking at my vampire losses through VisibleTesla doesn't seem to show any notable improvement with .250 over .236 (I updated last Wednesday, 7/8/15):

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 10.24.11 AM.png

As someone not familiar with VisibleTesla, can you explain that chart a little bit? What is the scale on the left (0.0-7.0) and what does the size of the bubbles indicate?

Sure thing, sorry for not including this the first time around.

The Y-axis depicts the amount of miles of rated range lost per idle hour. So if the car sits idle and loses 10 miles of rated range over a period of 5 hours, that number would be 2.0.

The size of each bubble indicate the total amount of miles of rated range lost. So the higher that number, the larger the bubble. This is independent of the duration over which those miles were lost.

Here are two examples:

1. Large bubble from the lower part of the graph (car sat idle for 2 days while I was out camping):

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 2.45.53 PM.png

2. Small bubble from the top part of the graph (car sat in the sun for 2 hours so was cooling it down):

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 2.50.38 PM.png

Earlier this spring, my roof wouldn't even open at all unless I pushed up on the rear section with my hand as I activated it on the touchscreen. Currently, it will barely open on "Vent", but if I open it up a bit, then close it back to the Vent position, it seems okay.
The first time I tried opening my sunroof after winter, it barely budged. A day or two later I got it to open and it improved after that, but ultimately I found that it would only and always get stuck when it was wet, like after a rain or washing the car. When it went in for the annual service a couple weeks ago, they found it warped and replaced it. However, the replacement seemed to be worse, almost exactly as you mention where it would get stuck opening to vent but could open past vent by powering through whatever it was catching on (could hear some resistance and then a flap, much like the previous issue). I could push up on it to get it past the flap to full vent. It seems to be improving over time, but I'm not sure yet, it could just be the heat softening the seal. I haven't washed my car since the service to determine if the original issue has been resolved. If I still have a concern once I have a better understanding of it, I'll be giving service a call. Also, I'm still on 6.1 (another thing I'll ask service about), so it's nothing to do with .249/.250.