Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't that mean that Tesla will have to admit fixing something that got screwed up in a previous release? Like the recent shuddering, the P85Ds dying spontaneously after Tesla screwed up the range mode function shortly after launch, etc. This could get hairy.
I see your point; however, high level release notes (anything for public consumption) wouldn't be phrased in such a way that would describe fault or blame. Instead, see as an example the most recent iOS app release - the release notes simply reference minor bug fixes and performance enhancements (I'm paraphrasing). While some might say there's no value there, I disagree. By specifying what something is, by default it specifies what it is not - in other words, it isn't something major.

In the context of *.58, clearly it's not a release that includes lanekeeping. While people in the biz know that point/dot releases are by definition more minor than, say, some variant of the next number up (e.g., 7.x.x), many non-technical people don't know this.All I'm saying is that providing standard release notes removes a lot of uncertainty and in some cases, risk. The notes don't have to be detailed.

Per your examples, one release might reference "minor TACC enhancements". Let's say that was the release that introduced shuddering at low speed. The next release to fix that might also reference "minor TACC enhancements". Point being that we wouldn't look for changes in some other system. No blame or acknowledgement would be conveyed through the release notes in any case.This isn't the most succinct reply now that I look at it - apologies, in the words of Sam Clemons, for not having the time at the moment to write a shorter missive.

Last edited:
I see your point; however, high level release notes (anything for public consumption) wouldn't be phrased in such a way that would describe fault or blame. Instead, see as an example the most recent iOS app release - the release notes simply reference minor bug fixes and performance enhancements (I'm paraphrasing). While some might say there's no value there, I disagree. By specifying what something is, by default it specifies what it is not - in other words, it isn't something major.

As I recall, the last release iOS release notes were specific. Something like "Fixes a problem in Safari where an attacker can...". At the end, yes there were some "minor fixes" etc.

I just got 2.5.71 as well. I updated the tracker web app, I was the first, but I didn't put in a "note". I wonder if that's how it gets named.
It is... I'm still hoping for Godot :)
You can just let us know here, stevem, and Hank will update things.
Dborn - would be nice if you entered yours as well. The more people enter their data, the more representative the tracker becomes.

I just got 2.5.71 as well. I updated the tracker web app, I was the first, but I didn't put in a "note". I wonder if that's how it gets named.

As the first person to update the tracker, the right to choose the name is yours. You can wait a while, to see if it is possible to determine what, if anything, the new version changes, and you can also seek input. You may also completely give up your right to name the update. If you give up the right to name it, people will start making suggestions and Hank will choose one.

As the first person to update the tracker, the right to choose the name is yours. You can wait a while, to see if it is possible to determine what, if anything, the new version changes, and you can also seek input. You may also completely give up your right to name the update. If you give up the right to name it, people will start making suggestions and Hank will choose one.

Well, I'm terrible at this. My vote would be (keeping up with the latest singer theme) "Weird Al". I'm glad my car skipped over Kanye. But if others have better ideas, I won't be offended if it's named something else. :)

If v7 ever comes out I vote for it to be called Bill Pullman, and be accompanied by an epic speech.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Model S from here will join others from around the world. And you will be installing the largest software update in the history of mankind...."

If v7 ever comes out I vote for it to be called Bill Pullman, and be accompanied by an epic speech.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Model S from here will join others from around the world. And you will be installing the largest software update and crappiest UI in the history of mankind...."

Fixed your quote.

:)

If v7 ever comes out, I vote for it to be named: Tesla Bob

Fixed your quote.

Now now now... you sound so bitter, Hank... Rest assured, Stockholm Syndrom will soon set in and just like wk057 you will be yelled at and lectured about your mistaken ways enough to either make you reconsider your opinion or reconsider the amount of time you spend here...

In related news... good to see that you aren't entirely off duty, wk057...

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Model S from here will join others from around the world. And you will be installing the largest software update in the history of mankind...."

Fixed your quote.

Nah, you're both wrong.

If and when Version 7 comes out, it should be called,

"wk05's" (7)

Edit: But only if it has lane keeping!

It should be called "Windows 3.1" - likely similarly well received for brilliant UI design and bug-freeness :)

Off topic, but Win 3.1 (and Windows for Workgroups) was the last of the "pre Windows 95" UI designs (the "start menu") and (for it's time) was pretty good in terms of a windowing interface, performance, and bugs. Are you thinking of WindowsME or Windows Vista or Windows 8? Those are all boondoggles of operating systems.

Off topic, but Win 3.1 (and Windows for Workgroups) was the last of the "pre Windows 95" UI designs (the "start menu") and (for it's time) was pretty good in terms of a windowing interface, performance, and bugs. Are you thinking of WindowsME or Windows Vista or Windows 8? Those are all boondoggles of operating systems.

We must have been using a different Win 3.1.