Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a trip out of town tomorrow in my 2013 P85 which has had 6.1 (113) since Saturday. I got an update notice today. I figure that there must be some strong reason for Tesla to push out a quick patch to 113 so I installed it this afternoon and I now have 115.

I have a trip out of town tomorrow in my 2013 P85 which has had 6.1 (113) since Saturday. I got an update notice today. I figure that there must be some strong reason for Tesla to push out a quick patch to 113 so I installed it this afternoon and I now have 115.

If this thread is a trustworthy sample of 6.1 findings, there's only ONE bug reported that would cause Tesla to expedite a FW update to all cars: the slacker streaming issue. If, as reported, slacker keeps streaming while cars are sleeping or parked, then Tesla is paying the freight on all that 3g traffic, which would warrant a quick push. We will probably never know, but you can call me Sherlock anyway.

PS, I also got yellow clock today... I suspect 115

This .115 update went out to everyone within a day. Feels like the low-suspension-disable update all over again.

Still .113 on the P85D. P85 has .115.

Since it seems like a minor fix update and I haven't had any horrible problems on the P85D (besides waiting on torque sleep) I'm fine with waiting for the next large revision.

- - - Updated - - -

If this thread is a trustworthy sample of 6.1 findings, there's only ONE bug reported that would cause Tesla to expedite a FW update to all cars: the slacker streaming issue. If, as reported, slacker keeps streaming while cars are sleeping or parked, then Tesla is paying the freight on all that 3g traffic, which would warrant a quick push. We will probably never know, but you can call me Sherlock anyway.

PS, I also got yellow clock today... I suspect 115

Since the .115 update the P85 has not presented the slacker bug. It happened intermittently before, so, I'll keep an eye on it and report back in a day or so.

I got 113 last week, and now today I see update pending to be applied tonight. It's gotta be 115.

What do release notes for 115 say? ("other enhancements" i.e. bug fixes... we all know it)?

For the record, and those keeping track... my MS is classic, not even parking sensors.

I'm all updated to .115 as of today. I'm getting a kick out of the Cruise On => Cruise change. I think our beloved Mr. Musk really is a perfectionist. Updating to continue towards Removing all redundancies, no matter how trivial. I love the attention to detail and really love these updates. Go Tesla, Go!

Prior to .115 (which i received this morning), we had the option of turning Energy Savings mode on, off, or only on at night. The option also had an "Always Connected" option as well. In .115 it appears that the "only on at night" option has been removed. On my car at least, i only have the option of "On" "Off" and "Always Connected."

got the .115 notification this morning also. was about a week late to the 6.1.113 party compared to most people here on TMC, but this one came right on time.

but they should have called it "Night Only" instead of "Off", if it is in fact night-only...

but they should have called it "Night Only" instead of "Off", if it is in fact night-only...

Tap the little i information icon next to the energy saving button; it explains night only etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to vote that this is the sleep/slacker/etc issue bug fix. The P85 with .115 has actually been sleeping today. Before it was waking randomly to listen to slacker.

Likely correct. All cars listening to streaming music would have been potentially costing Tesla a fortune with AT&T

Anecdotally, this all appears to be non P85D cars. To me, this makes perfect sense and is great news. Why?

Slacker streaming when car should be sleeping chews up 3G bandwidth and energy whilst on battery. Although energy is likely minimal, it's still a vampire and 3G data == cost. That cost can be offset by updating quickly - ie 600MB image is likely only 15-20 songs of BW cost.

p85d is likely waiting for torque sleep and inverter update (assuming Mr Musk tweet is correct). This is hopefully to be pushed out simultaneously, across most p85d cars in one day (um, tomorrow? ;-)). Pushing this slacker fix now, then another same size image tomorrow is just burning bandwidth and increasing potential for interrupted updates.

Wishful thinking? Maybe... ;-)

Btw - I do wonder where binary delta package updates is on the list of priorities. Assuming space to store spare image it could significantly reduce the bandwidth cost and update rollout time...

I would say it's not a push to correct a bug specifically in .113. We got the update today and we were still on .92. We use slacker almost exclusively and never noticed any bugs with .92. The only thing we noticed was the seemingly random preconditioning of the car at times.

I will be seeing the other MS owner that lives in our town on Monday, I will ask them if they got the update this week. I just saw his wife on Tuesday and they still had not received 6.1 and were running on 6.0.

Anecdotally, this all appears to be non P85D cars. To me, this makes perfect sense and is great news. Why?

There was one poster with a P85D who said he received the update. I'll find it and edit this.

Just got the notification for my P85D as well.

Slightly off topic-- I wonder why there isn't a way to begin the update directly from the mobile app itself?

Also where are people seeing this "Cruise On" indication? On my P85D with version .113, the indicator on the dash that is either gray or blue just says "Cruise" now. If my car says "Cruise On" somewhere, it's got to be somewhere else.