Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD (Supervised) Camera Calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently FSD now requires additional Camera Calibrations, beyond the original Autopilot Camera Calibration.

If you force an Autopilot Camera Re-Calibration by deleting the Calibration Data from the Controls - Service menu, you'll see that after Autopilot Calibration completes, additional FSD (Supervised) calibrations are still being progressed. And only after FSD Camera Calibration completes, can FSD be engaged, once the car is paced in Park.

Here are some shots of my center display after recently downloading firmware 2024.3.10 (FSB (Supervised), V12.3.3) on my 2018 Model 3. After installing the firmware, I immediately cleared the camera calibration data from the Controls -Service menu on the center display.

Doing this displays this message in the AutoPilot menu... with Calibration progress at 0%.
FSDCameraCalibration1.JPG

Then while driving the car, you'll see this message on the display, along with the Blue progress line filling in the circle around the Autopilot steering wheel icon.
FSDCameraCalibration2.JPG

When the Autopilot Camera Calibration completes, you'll see this message confirming completion.
FSDCameraCalibration3.JPG

However when first seeing this warning message, if you immediately look at the Autopilot menu, you'll see that FSD (Supervised)'s Camera Calibration is still being progressed and shows only 95% completion.
FSDCameraCalibration4.JPG

Anyone care to guess on just what these additional camera calibrations do?

• Informative
Reactions: Dewg
Apparently FSD now requires additional Camera Calibrations, beyond the original Autopilot Camera Calibration.

If you force an Autopilot Camera Re-Calibration by deleting the Calibration Data from the Controls - Service menu, you'll see that after Autopilot Calibration completes, additional FSD (Supervised) calibrations are still being progressed. And only after FSD Camera Calibration completes, can FSD be engaged, once the car is paced in Park.

Here are some shots of my center display after recently downloading firmware 2024.3.10 (FSB (Supervised), V12.3.3) on my 2018 Model 3. After installing the firmware, I immediately cleared the camera calibration data from the Controls -Service menu on the center display.

Doing this displays this message in the AutoPilot menu... with Calibration progress at 0%.
View attachment 1034958

Then while driving the car, you'll see this message on the display, along with the Blue progress line filling in the circle around the Autopilot steering wheel icon.
View attachment 1034960

When the Autopilot Camera Calibration completes, you'll see this message confirming completion.
View attachment 1034963

However when first seeing this warning message, if you immediately look at the Autopilot menu, you'll see that FSD (Supervised)'s Camera Calibration is still being progressed and shows only 95% completion.
View attachment 1034964

Anyone care to guess on just what these additional camera calibrations do?
It's been this way for a long time. At least a year, maybe longer.

Reactions: mgs333
Our 2018 M3 installed 2024.3.10 (FSD (Supervised), V12.3.3) about a week ago. Didn't see any "additional calibration" notices. Used it for first time last Friday (5Apr) driving from LA, CA to Henderson, NV and driving around Henderson for a few days then returning to LA on Sunday. Never saw any calibration notices. Works a bit better than previous FSD but still needs a lot of intervention. My wife still won't use it. One big complaint I have is that it seems there's no way to get back the double stalk pull down for FSD and keep the single pull down if I want just traffic-aware speed control. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that back?

Our 2018 M3 installed 2024.3.10 (FSD (Supervised), V12.3.3) about a week ago. Didn't see any "additional calibration" notices. Used it for first time last Friday (5Apr) driving from LA, CA to Henderson, NV and driving around Henderson for a few days then returning to LA on Sunday. Never saw any calibration notices. Works a bit better than previous FSD but still needs a lot of intervention. My wife still won't use it. One big complaint I have is that it seems there's no way to get back the double stalk pull down for FSD and keep the single pull down if I want just traffic-aware speed control. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that back?
No camera recalibration should be required for FSD updates.

Create a second profile without FSD enabled and you can switch on the fly if you insist on running the ancient TACC.

Thanks Supcom, but still a bit confused. borland stated that "FSD now requires additional camera calibrations" and showed the messages on his screen. You then seemed to confirm "it's been this way for a long time".
While the TACC may be ancient, I found that it worked quite well. There were many occasions on the 6 hour trip back from Henderson when V12.3.3 was acting very annoyingly so I turned it off (push up on stalk). I wished during those occasions that I could use TACC which would have been enough to make the drive at those moments much more pleasant.
I guess I'll try creating an additional profile and see how that works; hadn't thought of that and didn't know one could switch on the fly. Thanks for that.

You won't see the driver profile on the Navigation Screen while driving the car. But if you tap on the Controls Menu icon, and at the top of the menu, you'll see the driver profile icon, which you can tap on to bring up your driver profiles, and select a different profile.