Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes being aimed at an upgrade from 4.x are very encouraging as is the fact that they seem to have fixed the nav issues and the option to turn off sleep mode. Hopefully those of us in 4.x mode aren't far behind. Not sure how no one has mentioned the sleep mode on/off switch yet.

edit: Nvm, I see veggen mentioned it in his words above the pretty pictures.... Guess I was too anxious and ADD and skipped straight to the pretty pictures. I'm still not sure how it is taking to the third page for someone like me to show relief in the fact that the option is now enabled.

Yeah, but keep in mind that Veggen was already on 5.0 pior to the upgrade. I'll really start getting excited when someone with 4.5 gets an OTA to 5.x.
This is the first I've heard of anyone, anywhere getting 5.anything OTA.

It's been so long I'm frankly beginning to wonder if they are having trouble (technical or otherwise) with actually distributing firmware again. Not "sell the stock" worried, but "wtf, get on with it" concerned.

I think they most likely had a few other things they wanted to add (owners manual) along with fixing the problems with 5.0 before pushing this out. That's probably part of what took a while. They didn't want to just re update a few weeks later to add things like an owners manual.

i like the navigation language option... Now just gotta figure out how to add an option for the voice input to understand other languages... Like when I request to listen to any rammstein song.

After reading this thread, I'm hoping it's just around the corner. I have a service appointment next Tuesday to swap out a defective first generation door handle and also have been having problems with my touchscreen for the past 9 days. I am going to beg them to install 5.6 since what I'm running on now is really annoying me.

It's been so long I'm frankly beginning to wonder if they are having trouble (technical or otherwise) with actually distributing firmware again. Not "sell the stock" worried, but "wtf, get on with it" concerned.
No, we had several people post that they got upgrades within the 5.0 series OTA.

- - - Updated - - -

After reading this thread, I'm hoping it's just around the corner. I have a service appointment next Tuesday to swap out a defective first generation door handle and also have been having problems with my touchscreen for the past 9 days. I am going to beg them to install 5.6 since what I'm running on now is really annoying me.
Let us know if begging works. I have offered Starbucks cards and other "incentives"...

In the 5.0 thread we had reports of some users being upgraded OTA. However, these were subversion upgrades (ie .98 to .102) so yes it is a slightly bigger deal to jump from 5.0 to 5.6.

I don't think this is a deployment issue, but rather TM being overly cautious with sleep mode. And yes I share your concern regarding the slowness of the rollout. I'm glad they chose to make sleep mode an option, but IMO they should have done this right from the start which would have allowed for a faster rollout.

I think they most likely had a few other things they wanted to add (owners manual) along with fixing the problems with 5.0 before pushing this out. That's probably part of what took a while. They didn't want to just re update a few weeks later to add things like an owners manual.

With Wifi in place TM shouldn't worry about releasing small delta updates to include a manual, for instance.

My guess the reason to add the seat heaters to profiles is that the seat heaters will turn on if you preheat the cabin using the app.

Personally I would have preferred that the heated seats be exposed in the API/remote app.

My guess the reason to add the seat heaters to profiles is that the seat heaters will turn on if you preheat the cabin using the app.

Personally I would have preferred that the heated seats be exposed in the API/remote app.
Definitely - if they allow control of the Pano-roof, they should also allow control of the seat heaters...
(insert snide remark about Californians designing cars that are also used in colder climates...) :)