Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2023.32.100.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still same, other thing is unless I do a scroll wheel reset, the MYP won’t check on its own, it stays days behind on the “as of” date. I will post as soon as it updates. You still stuck “resist”?
Same behavior on mine, and in some cases the scroll wheel reset still doesn't initiate a check. It does seem to check-in every 2-5 days based on the "Up-to-date as of XXX" numbers I've been tracking. I've looked at the screen multiple times per day and it's only actually updated the as-of date on the 11th, 13th, 19th, 21st, and just this evening only after a reset. Set to "Advanced" but nothing yet.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Was "stuck" on 2023.32.7 on my 2023 M3, while the SO's 2021 MY was on 2023.38.6.

For reasons that'll become apparent in a moment, checked the M3 last night and 2023.38.9 was available. Once the download was started, checked the SO's car and 2023.38.9 was available for it, too.

If one wanders over to the TeslaFi firmware tracker one will notice when Tesla is upgrading crowds to a new load. At the moment, that's mostly 2023.38.9 which, near as I can figure, has its main feature a predictive guess at how full a Supercharger will be.

Running neck and neck is 2023.48.1 which is also coming out to the crowd and has, apparently, better speed limit signs recognition. I'm kind of looking forward to that one: On a section of US Rte. 1 near my place, there's these speed limit signs that have "50 mph" on top and "45 mph - trucks" on the same sign, below. About half the time FSD-b picks up the 50 mph part; the other half, the 45 mph, which is irritating in heavy, but fast traffic.

Thing is, in either case: I went a couple of weeks on 2023.32.7 while everybody else was getting 2023.38.x. And this is vaguely normal for Tesla: Sometimes one gets the new stuff right off, sometimes one gets the new stuff when one is at the end of the line.

Ha. If one really wants to have fun, wander over to the FSD-b 11.x and 12.x threads where various people are agonizing over whether they're on the wrong version to get 12.x or not. Or, in some cases, where people have actually managed to back up to a previous FSD-b version, with the help of Tesla.

Main thing: Think relaxing thoughts. You'll get there eventually.

Running neck and neck is 2023.48.1 which is also coming out to the crowd and has, apparently, better speed limit signs recognition. I'm kind of looking forward to that one: On a Section of US Rte. 1 near my place, there's these speed limit signs that have "50 mph" on top and "45 mph - trucks" on the same sign, below. About half the time FSD-b picks up the 50 mph part; the other half, the 45 mph, which is irritating in heavy, but fast traffic.

I noticed that on some release notes on the Notateslaapp.com site on the release notes for 2023.44 Speed Assist is that it's not relevant to the United States. Is the Tesla actually going off reading speed limit signs in the US or just based on the configured GPS speeds in their maps? I know they used to when they used the MobileEye system but since they developed their own Tesla Vision I'm not sure if they're still reading speed limit signs or if MobileEye has a patent on that in the US.

Is the Tesla actually going off reading speed limit signs in the US or just based on the configured GPS speeds in their maps? I know they used to when they used the MobileEye system but since they developed their own Tesla Vision I'm not sure if they're still reading speed limit signs or if MobileEye has a patent on that in the US.
It's been reading speed limit signs for a while now. It used to suck doing this because it would read truck speed limits and slow my car down, when it shouldn't. But that got fixed.

I noticed that on some release notes on the Notateslaapp.com site on the release notes for 2023.44 Speed Assist is that it's not relevant to the United States. Is the Tesla actually going off reading speed limit signs in the US or just based on the configured GPS speeds in their maps? I know they used to when they used the MobileEye system but since they developed their own Tesla Vision I'm not sure if they're still reading speed limit signs or if MobileEye has a patent on that in the US.
Dunno about the speed assist stuff as per Europe, but, no question: Teslas have been reading the speed limit signs on the sides of roads since at least 2018. In fact, even now, I'll turn a corner onto some road or other and the car's limit will be set to 25 mph. Roll forward 50 yards, pass a sign that says, "40" and 40 mph it is.

And not just the sides of roads. On a number of interstates around here there are electronic speed limit signs overhead. The car reads those, too.

As regards those 50/45 mph signs I was bitching about: When passed, a typical speed limit sign will briefly appear at the side of the road with the number visible in the display. When the car passes those 50/45 limit signs, two speed limit signs appear in the visualization, one with 50, one with 45, and they flip back and forth, rapidly, with the speed limit on the display flickering right along between one and the other.

And it would be amusing if it wasn't so irritating. Say the speed limit is 35 mph but everybody and their brothers in laws are going 40. Using the scroll wheel, one can up the Max Speed to 40 and keep up. So long as the posted speed limit doesn't change, the car will stick at 40; but if the speed limit goes up or down, the car naturally will go to the new speed limit. So, back to US Rt. 1: The car inadvertently gets set to 45 mph. So, using the scroll wheel, change it to 50. If one was passing 45 mph limit signs for the next couple of miles, the entered limit would stay at 50. But, with all the flickering, the speed limit goes 45-50-45-50-45 on the screen, ending on 45; and the entered limit gets revised down to 45 mph. Whee. Now one is suddenly going 5 mph slower than everybody else 🥴.

Hopefully, the new version can take stacked speed limit signs and knows to ignore the one that's labelled, "TRUCKS".

Reactions: johnnyruz
I'm getting the update now as I'm typing. Is the update only for FSD?
Actually, the only people on the ever-changing-with-new-features-FSD-b are currently on the 2023.27.X branch, currently chugging along at FSD-b 11.4.7.3. Pretty much everybody else has 11.4.4 in whatever software load they've got installed; but you only get to use it when you pass valuta to Tesla, either renting it a month at a time or buying it outright.

For some time now the point releases on the 2023.32.7, 2023.32.9, 202.38.6, 2023.38.8, 2023.38.9, and the newly released 2023.44.1 all have FSD 11.4.4. Some of the listed point releases are bug fixes. Looking at TeslaFi and Not A Tesla App, it looks like:
  • 2023.32.[7,9] has "Detailed Intersection View"
  • 2023.38.6 has Faster Hazard Lights and Predictive Charger Availability
  • 2023.38.[8,9] has Rear Passenger Headphones and Single Tap Autopilot Activation
  • 2023.44.X has Single Pull To Start Autopilot
And they all have lots of other fiddly features that I'm not going to type in here.

And none of the above appears to be the Christmas Update which, as I've said, is driving various otherwise sane people stuck on the 2023.27.x branch nuts, because they want all the new creature features, too. And there's a Version 12 of FSD-b promised, too.

Relax, sit back, and wait.

• Informative
Teslas have been reading the speed limit signs on the sides of roads since at least 2018.
I don't think this is true. When I got my first Tesla a Model 3 in December of 2018 it didn't read speed limit signs. I think it as a year or so later that happened, I remember because it was big news on YouTube channels because the speculation was if it actually read the signs or was getting GPS data. And it was actually reading the signs because they tested it by taping the numbers to look like a different number and the car changed the speed based on that.

I don't think this is true. When I got my first Tesla a Model 3 in December of 2018 it didn't read speed limit signs. I think it as a year or so later that happened, I remember because it was big news on YouTube channels because the speculation was if it actually read the signs or was getting GPS data. And it was actually reading the signs because they tested it by taping the numbers to look like a different number and the car changed the speed based on that.
Good enough. The SO got the M3 in September of 2018; if reading the speed limits started around then, blame my faulty memory.

In any case, Teslas have been reading speed limits for years; it's now a question of how many years 😁 .