Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD transfer to new Model 3 refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the group

I just got my new Model 3 last week. I took advantage of FSD transfer offer and 8k free supercharging. If not for transfer I wouldn't of upgraded just yet. I loved my 2018 Model 3.

Now I lost my FSD Beta and the car won't even keep its lane on the highway. All I got is adaptive cruise control. Car says FSD beta coming in future update. I wish Tesla would be more transparent on these things. Got an update today, 2024.02.13 and nothing changed.

Any clues on when I'll get at least EAP?

LOL, posted a similar thread a few minutes ago.
My 2024 Model 3 is in an almost similar situation. I say 'almost' because I do have what I believe it's called 'enhanced autopilot'. Car does stay in lane and even changes lanes on its own when you press the turn buttons. 'Navigate on autopilot' is also available in theory as an option but it doesn't seem to be working - car does NOT take the exit ramps on its own.
I just received 2024.2.13 today.
While the car is super-fantastic, I do not LOVE the way Tesla treats its customers, as in keeping us in the dark. It would really help if they trained and keep informed their customer support people because the way they are now, they are borderline useless.

Reactions: Tzoid
My 2024 M3 that was supposed to have FSD transferred to it came WITHOUT FSD. It does have Enhanced Autopilot and the 'specs' do state that it should have 'FSD capability' (noticed the wording? It's very lawyerly. It has the CAPABILITY).
Anyways, 15 days after delivery and one software update later, still no FSD. My trade in, a 2018 M3 did have FSD and it was working just fine. The new, presumably superior car (hardware 4) does not have it. At least not yet.

The FSD button is grayed out. There is a text stating that FSD will be loaded with a future software update. I just received the 2024.2.13 update but... no FSD.
And Tesla's support seems to have no idea or claim to have no idea of what I am talking about when I am talking to them.
The notion that one expects to actually get things they paid for seems to be alien to them and a customer insisting that the item is either delivered or at least receive some meaningful information on when the item is going to be delivered appears to be unreasonable to them.

I took advantage of FSD transfer offer and 8k free supercharging. If not for transfer I wouldn't of upgraded just yet. I loved my 2018 Model 3.
Now I lost my FSD Beta and the car won't even keep its lane on the highway.

The FSD button is grayed out. There is a text stating that FSD will be loaded with a future software update.
You two clearly got juked by Tesla.
Time to go back, in person, to the SC that promised you FSD transfer, and pester them until they fulfill the promise.
I do hope that you have it in writing, somewhere !?

Good luck,
a

Perhaps it is because a new, enhanced AI FSD is being released to the fleet over the next few days. Maybe you slotted you in for that.
I do expect to get FSD, eventually. If I live long enough.
Tesla, at this time, seems to do its best (or worst, if you will) to aggravate its customers to the highest possible degree and I do not understand why they are doing this. Don't they understand that, unless someone buys their product they are not going to be able to stay in business? And if Tesla develops a reputation of 'customer unfriendly' as they seem to be doing now, there will be fewer buyers for their product? I am saying this as a long time Tesla fan and Tesla shareholder.

Check out this site Tesla Software Updates & Release Notes - Latest Tesla Updates for details on the various versions of the software. You will notice 2024.2.x lists the older v11 of fsd. The new cars are vision only and do not have the other sensors that were used in v11, when I was getting my car the app did present a warning that fsd would not be available right away. The update to 2024.2.13 added the automatic parking but did not enable fsd. I have a feeling we will have to wait for 2024.3.x to get fsd as I think this is the vision only version.

Reactions: Tzoid and Thp3
Check out this site Tesla Software Updates & Release Notes - Latest Tesla Updates for details on the various versions of the software. You will notice 2024.2.x lists the older v11 of fsd. The new cars are vision only and do not have the other sensors that were used in v11, when I was getting my car the app did present a warning that fsd would not be available right away. The update to 2024.2.13 added the automatic parking but did not enable fsd. I have a feeling we will have to wait for 2024.3.x to get fsd as I think this is the vision only version.
I've had both FSD v11 and v12 on vision-only cars, so I don't think that's the issue. Maybe it's specific to the new Model 3 Highland.

Reactions: CMfly
I've had both FSD v11 and v12 on vision-only cars, so I don't think that's the issue. Maybe it's specific to the new Model 3 Highland.
Tesla should show some minimal respect for its customers and explain what's happening. If they knew that it would take a while to deploy FSD on the 2024 Model 3 they should have stated that when they promised 'free FSD transfer' to the buyers of the 2024 Model 3. People expect to be able to make an informed decision before buying a $2 bag of peanuts or a $50,000 car.
Amazingly, the Amazon support team were more helpful and actually solved an issue I had with some $15 body wash I ordered (got 1 bottle instead of the 3-pack I ordered) then the apparently bored Tesla support people I was able to talk with, usually after being kept for 50 or so minutes on hold. More amazingly, one of the support persons told me that she had little incentive to help me because she was in 'sales' and someone else already took the 'credit' for the car I purchased, strongly implying that she wasn't going to spend much time or effort helping me. Of course, this would have been unnecessary if Tesla disclosed to its customers that FSD wasn't going to be made available immediately on the 2024 Model 3s. Instead, I had to hear from the support people bizarre 'explanations' such as 'I should drive the car for a few hundred miles more because the cameras need to calibrate' or even forward me a Tesla email probably from 5 years ago where Tesla owners were informed that only 'a select very few' were going to be allowed FSD at that time'.

FSD package =/= FSD Beta.

You need the FSD package to then get FSD Beta.

FSD IS indeed transferred. You get all the "regular" FSD features minus "FSD Beta" as FSD Beta is not ready yet for the Highland.
Remember the FSD features before FSD Beta was a thing? You still got theses features now.

Nobody got scammed. Once FSD beta is validated/ready for Highland, we will receive it.

I am in the same boat.

As soon as i left the Service Center, i had access to NoAP and the car was changing lane if traffic was driving slower automatically. If you can enable them, you have the FSD package transferred. AP features (Even lane keeping) are always disabled on a fresh driver profile and needs to be enabled before you can use them.

I got a confirmation email that the FSD package has been transferred as soon as the SA enabled the car in my account.

However, it would have been nice that Tesla would have had a disclaimer that FSD Beta was not ready yet when doing the FSD transfert.

Sure. This is my 4th EV and my third Tesla. FSD should have been transferred from the 2018 Mod 3 I traded in.
If Tesla KNEW that they cannot offer FSD and that they only can offer EAP (Enhanced auto-pilot) they should have made it clear and stated that it would be a while (or about 2 weeks) before FSD beta becomes available. But they didn't. And THAT is both dishonest and disrespectful.
EAP does not change lane on surface roads. It might do so on highways. Navigate on Autopilot is allegedly activated but car does NOT take exit ramps. Autopark does work. Summon... didn't even try it (LOL).

So what is the reason that FSD is not available on the newest vision-only model 3? I’ve only been waiting a few days, but it sounds like there may be a longer wait for them to release a specific version.

I expected the next FSD version to come out would work (and maybe it will). I haven’t seen much information out there about how long we’ll have to wait.