Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unclear what EVSE you are using? Have you ever got over 40 amp at the location you are at? etc, etc details vs vague statement.
0F is certainly it. Also may be road based on conditions (wet, snowy, etc extra friction). Unclear what all heater settings (temp, fan, etc) you were using. I've experienced pretty low range at 14F

Clipper Creek 90 provided 69 amps with 2012 MS dual chargers. I see the LR+ specs indicate 48 Amps. 40A = 20% less. No biggy, just takes longer
Road conditions were bare & dry. Auto heating setting is much better than 2012 MS. was set at 70F. Probably should just turn the heat down. I'm sure winter tires don't help (Pirelli Sottozero )

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
So did the 'Previous Ravens' have the two different motor types the same as the current Ravens (Induct. & Perm)? I was thinking that was the reason they removed Range Mode. (ie. I have Range Mode on my '17 X with two induct.)
Yes they do. That's what makes them Ravens. The change was related to EPA ratings on the LR+. Low Regen is also removed as an option.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Got 2020.48.12.1 installed an hr ago. Nothing major in release notes except some improvements. Have not driven yet.
PXL_20201218_191111857.jpg

Battery warming is not new, at least for Model S / X. It will start when you warm your interior at low outside temperature.
Correct. Is not new and was originally added 3 years ago in 2017.50, back in December 2017. They've changed the display slightly over the years. The icon only shows up if the battery temperature gets really cold. Our cars are usually garaged and we might only see it a few weeks a year, if that. If we go on a road trip, we're more likely to see it since the car isn't usually garaged and cools down more overnight.

Correct. Is not new and was originally added 3 years ago in 2017.50, back in December 2017. They've changed the display slightly over the years. The icon only shows up if the battery temperature gets really cold. Our cars are usually garaged and we might only see it a few weeks a year, if that. If we go on a road trip, we're more likely to see it since the car isn't usually garaged and cools down more overnight.

And it is currently working very well, I will add. (On 2020.40.9.2)

After last winter's fiasco with the lack of regen issues Tesla has fixed this. Pre-warm the car for 20 minutes and it heats the battery sufficiently to enable full regen (and near full power) in fridgid temperatures.

Last year a few of us almost had some near rear-enders after an update severely restricted the regen; of course no notice is ever given in the notes of the updates to warn us first. o_O

New for Y and 3

The battery warming indicator in the app is not new for all cars. What throws people off is that when you hit the climate to preheat the cabin, the battery heat indicator doesn't turn on immediately. The vents and all that turn red, but it can take anywhere from 60-180 seconds for the battery heating icon appear.

Turn on pre-heat, and about 3 minutes later check the climate section of the app again, it will be there.

/edit. It's more like 30-120 seconds, but regardless, most people don't stare at the app long enough for it to show. They are on long enough to hit the pre-heat (climate on) button and then close it once the vents go red.

Got 2020.48.12.1 installed an hr ago. Nothing major in release notes except some improvements. Have not driven yet.
View attachment 618936

Both my 3 & X popped up for the 2020.48.12.1 update today. Simultaneously. Curious - usually they’re 2 days apart. (X then 3.)

Wonder if they’re laying a foundation for something and then it’s just a short push to activate it all ...?

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
The battery warming indicator in the app is not new for all cars. What throws people off is that when you hit the climate to preheat the cabin, the battery heat indicator doesn't turn on immediately. The vents and all that turn red, but it can take anywhere from 60-180 seconds for the battery heating icon appear.

Turn on pre-heat, and about 3 minutes later check the climate section of the app again, it will be there.

/edit. It's more like 30-120 seconds, but regardless, most people don't stare at the app long enough for it to show. They are on long enough to hit the pre-heat (climate on) button and then close it once the vents go red.
Umm this is DEFINITELY new on the model 3. U use it almost every day and after yesterday’s update was the first time I’ve seen it. I look at my climate screen all the time!!

Reactions: AtlantaP3D
Got 2020.48.12.1 earlier today on my model 3. Album art in usb audio is still broken. And I can no longer tune the FM radio - it's stuck on whatever I had it set to before, and I can't change it. I don't use the radio hardly at all, so don't know if this a new thing or not.

Got 2020.48.12.1 earlier today on my model 3. Album art in usb audio is still broken. And I can no longer tune the FM radio - it's stuck on whatever I had it set to before, and I can't change it. I don't use the radio hardly at all, so don't know if this a new thing or not.

Came to say the same with media album art. Annoying. Really do hope they show more love to the media player abilities. So much potential to add to make that more enjoyable to use.